Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How long did you wait for your Telluride order?

If you factory ordered, how long did you have to wait for yours to arrive?

What date did you order?
What date did it arrive?
Which trim level did you get?

I just ordered ours on July 3rd (SX w/o Prestige). Dealership said it will be 3-4 months.

Curious to hear everyone's experience given high demand/low supply + Coronavirus shutdowns.

OP
O
Thread Starter #2
Realized I put this in the wrong channel and moved this over to Purchasing & Ordering.

Jpatt650

What date did you order?
What date did it arrive?

I just ordered ours on July 3rd (SX w/o Prestige). Dealership said it will be 3-4 months.

Curious to hear everyone's experience given high demand/low supply + Coronavirus shutdowns.
I just ordered ours today and was told should be here in October.

What date did you order?
What date did it arrive?

I ordered mine Dec 2019 and got it August 2020!! That actually worked in my favor as a negotiating tool. The dealer honored the price proposal I received in Dec. Even though there had been 2 price increases since then. Best yet it was upgraded to a 2021 model with the remote start. The delay didn't significantly affect me since I was pretty much self quarantined for much of the time. Love my Telluride SX!

Bear

We ordered ours in early September 2019. We were told 3 months. It took 6 months. We got it in Early March 2020. We have an EX Prestige package model.

As Retroguy says below. It was worth the wait.

Fours days - I bought it off the lot back in April of last year. (Sorry - couldn't resist!) However long you wait, trust me it's worth the wait.
Congrats on the new vehicle !

RogerK

I ordered an SX AWD P/T on 02/21/2020 and am still waiting. Dealer says it will be here in about two weeks (10/25) though no VIN has been assigned. Dealer also says it’s status is FPA (Fast Path Assembly). Something doesn’t seem right. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than three months. I ordered my SX July 11, 2020 and received it October 1. Wonderful car, but one slight frustration. I didn't order the prestige package but the second row seats have the ventilation and heating systems installed. For another $20, Kia could have added the switches and fuses necessary to make them operational.

OP
O
Thread Starter #11
Less than three months. I ordered my SX July 11, 2020 and received it October 1. Wonderful car, but one slight frustration. I didn't order the prestige package but the second row seats have the ventilation and heating systems installed. For another $20, Kia could have added the switches and fuses necessary to make them operational.
Oh wow, that kinda is a bummer they have the buttons but they don't work. Did you ask if they would fix them?

Which dealership did you orders your through? I ordered mine on July 3rd and I just got a text this weekend saying they have a VIN for me. Should be picking it up either this week or next.

OP
O
Thread Starter #12
Woohoo! Today was the day we finally picked up our new Telluride. In total, this took 102 days since we ordered on July 3rd and the car came in.

The dealership gave us a VIN last Saturday and 3 days later the car was at the dealership and we picked up today (Saturday).

I bought mine right off the truck...Arrived Sunday...Drove it home Monday... By luck the person ahead of me had Horrible credit and couldn't afford the payments..His loss My gain.

DeeDubya

Ordered SX Prestige Nightfall 3 days ago. They are telling me 6-8 months? This seems longer than others are saying but is not an issue for me as I'll be travelling for work for the next several months anyway.

Randman

Curious on what dealers are asking for interma of refundable deposits on factory orders? So far here in North New Jersey, 2 dealers are asking for 10 % ref deposit. One is at MSRP the other +$5K(!!).

Curious on what dealers are asking for interma of refundable deposits on factory orders? So far here in North New Jersey, 2 dealers are asking for 10 % ref deposit. One is at MSRP the other +$5K(!!).
Motion Kia wanted a 1k deposit and 100% refundable if we changed our minds. No questions asked. They were like 1k over msrp. Give motion Kia a call and ask for Howie.

PNWest

Put my order in for the SX Prestige Nightfall on 11/17 with a $500 non-refundable deposit, $1K over MSRP. Dealer said it would be 2-3 months to bring it home, but I have doubts it will be that soon considering everything I've read on this and other threads. Fingers crossed it will happen in that timeframe though!

I visited the dealer in Austin In late 10/2020 just to see what all the noise was about. They had a Nightfall edition with every single Telluride option in the gray blue color, I drove it and I just fell for it. List price was a few dollars over 50k plus they had another 10k tacked on top of that just because they could.
I managed to get the price down a couple of grand and they gave me a good trade on my immaculate very low mileage 2018 Ram Laramie Longhorn and I drove it home. I guess I could have waited and got a better deal, but I just did the deal.
I have a Truxxx 2” lift ordered and I’m going to put a brush guard and winch on the front. I may sell the blacked out 20” wheels and Michelins and put on some taller tires and wheels with a snow tread. I want to get as off-roady as I can maintaining the best on road handling that I can. I recognize the limitations of the TellurIde and I have no plans to traverse Black Bear pass. Engineer Pass though is a distinct goal. would appreciate any advice more experienced off roaders can offer.

osubeav99

Put my order in for the SX Prestige Nightfall on 11/17 with a $500 non-refundable deposit, $1K over MSRP. Dealer said it would be 2-3 months to bring it home, but I have doubts it will be that soon considering everything I've read on this and other threads. Fingers crossed it will happen in that timeframe though!
Curious what dealer you ordered from? I'm having trouble finding any dealers in the Portland area willing to go below $3K over MSRP. Thanks.

BrianSX

We placed our order for a Telluride SX in Toronto on Nov 25, was told we have to wait up to 90 days which is killing my soul already, all I wanted for Christmas was my Telluride... anyone else know if the car could potentially arrive sooner?