Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How many people considered getting the Sorento but purchased the Telluride instead?

How many people considered getting the Sorrento but purchased the Telluride instead?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
I'm wondering if the Telluride would steal sales from the Sorrento.

ucinn

Staff Member
We have a Sorento and are going to trade it in on a Telluride.
If the telly would have been available back then, we would have got the telly instead.

To me the Sorento looks too dated to even consider it

I was looking at the Sorrento until I saw the Telluride, and then it was like, "What's a Sorrento?"

Krug

I was looking at the Sorrento until I saw the Telluride, and then it was like, "What's a Sorrento?"
At some point I can see Kia discontinuing the Sorento if the Telluride continues to cannibalize sales.

At some point I can see Kia discontinuing the Sorento if the Telluride continues to cannibalize sales.
For sure. We were coming out of a Sportage and wanted something bigger. The Telluride was definitely bigger, where the Sorrento was only marginally, and the design of the Telluride had me at hello. The Sorrento no longer meets a need in their lineup IMO.

Likewise, we also intended to get the Sorento until we saw the Telluride. Glad we both made the right choice, I extra space is very nice.

You can put me on the Sorento defection list.:D

We originally went to test drive the Sorrento and saw the Telluride after out test drive - We went back the next day test drove the Telluride and ordered that day. I'll be honest Kia was never on our radar!!

Guilty as charged. Literally went in to see what my 2015 Sorento was worth on a trade in for a new Sorento or Stinger but realized the Stinger just wasn't practical for me right now and then drove the T-Ride and had that "Wayne's World" Excaliber moment........."You will be mine, oh yes........you will be mine."

My son has the Sorento - the third row is really just a nice thing to have (not really usable). He plans on moving to the Telluride when his lease is up.