Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Idle Stop and Go Issue

I noticed a problem with my new Telluride lately, specifically with the Idle Stop and Go.

Many times, not every time, I am stopped on an incline the car will turn off. That's fine. However, when I release the brake and step on the accelerator, a very loud grone comes from underneath the front of the car.

I have tried to replicate the problem when the system is turned off and can't, so I think it has something to do with it.

Before I call the dealer, any idea what it could be?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Maybe the emergency brake engages on an incline in that condition.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Maybe the emergency brake engages on an incline in that condition.
Maybe. I'm really not sure. If that's the case then it seems like a software problem?

GNR

I have noticed that the stop/go on mine only seems to work occasionally. Anyone else have that experience?

I noticed during the cold season when you have the heat or defrost on, the auto stop feature doesn't turn on as often.

GNR

The yellow "A" comes on when I stop, but does not flash. Eventually it goes off while I wait at a stop light. I don't see anything in the manual about that.

I suspect you are probably on to something with the colder weather and the heater being on. Probably too big a draw on power and/or programming to keep the HVAC blowing hot air. I'll turn the heat off and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

lizzyk19

I have noticed that the stop/go on mine only seems to work occasionally. Anyone else have that experience?
I've been having the same problem. Amber IS&G indicator 90% of the time. I purchased my Telluride on 10/29. I took the car to my Kia dealer on 12/21. They had no answer for me. Well, I should say their answer was "according to the manual, it probably has to do with the temperature outside and it's too cold so you'll need to bring it back when the temperatures are warmer". To which I replied, "I purchased the vehicle in October and we had some pretty warm days since then (I'm in NJ and we had some 40-50 degree days after I purchased the vehicle) and the amber light still lit on those days." I was met with a blank stare. Funny thing is the next day I decided to turn the ISG off completely yet it continued to go on but this time the indicator on the dash lit up GREEN and the car actually shut off when I was stopped at an intersection or green light. Go figure. But it was frustrating because I wanted to turn the feature off entirely but every time I hit the button to turn it off and the light on the center console was lit indicating it was OFF, whenever I stopped the car, the ISG kicked in and registered GREEN. Can't figure this out. But since then it's been lighting primarily amber except for today. It's 37 degrees and it actually worked today (AND I have the heat on so I don't think that's the problem). Yet on warmer days it didn't. Again, Go Figure

TX_Jrod

I noticed a problem with my new Telluride lately, specifically with the Idle Stop and Go.

Many times, not every time, I am stopped on an incline the car will turn off. That's fine. However, when I release the brake and step on the accelerator, a very loud grone comes from underneath the front of the car.

I have tried to replicate the problem when the system is turned off and can't, so I think it has something to do with it.

Before I call the dealer, any idea what it could be?

With all auto start/stop vehicles, when about to take off let up on the brake slightly to where the vehicle is still stopped and the engine will turn on and then hit the gas. If you attempt to swap you foot over fast from brake to gas you will be attempting to launch a vehicle that is starting up. Doing this a lot will cause major issues in the future. If you are in a hurry or very steep hill and do not want to do this then just turn the function off while at a light and the engine will turn back on.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
I just turned the ISG off completely. In another thread I saw a guy who fashioned a small grey plastic wedge from the top of a cream cheese container and placed it in the space between the on/off button. Now, whenever I start the engine, the ISG switches off without me having to press the button everytime. The groan hasn't happened since.

I find the driving experience to be much more pleasurable bc I'm not always wondering if the ISG will turn on.

I've also started tracking my gas, also in another thread, with the feature off. It definitely has gone down, but I think it has to do more with the weather and the manufacturers switching over to a winter blend of gas than the ISG being off.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

GNR

I've been having the same problem. Amber IS&G indicator 90% of the time. I purchased my Telluride on 10/29. I took the car to my Kia dealer on 12/21. They had no answer for me. Well, I should say their answer was "according to the manual, it probably has to do with the temperature outside and it's too cold so you'll need to bring it back when the temperatures are warmer". To which I replied, "I purchased the vehicle in October and we had some pretty warm days since then (I'm in NJ and we had some 40-50 degree days after I purchased the vehicle) and the amber light still lit on those days." I was met with a blank stare. Funny thing is the next day I decided to turn the ISG off completely yet it continued to go on but this time the indicator on the dash lit up GREEN and the car actually shut off when I was stopped at an intersection or green light. Go figure. But it was frustrating because I wanted to turn the feature off entirely but every time I hit the button to turn it off and the light on the center console was lit indicating it was OFF, whenever I stopped the car, the ISG kicked in and registered GREEN. Can't figure this out. But since then it's been lighting primarily amber except for today. It's 37 degrees and it actually worked today (AND I have the heat on so I don't think that's the problem). Yet on warmer days it didn't. Again, Go Figure
Mine seems to be totally sporadic. never thought about turning it off. So, are you saying that when you turn it off it shuts the car down every time you stop (in other words, it works when you have it turned off)?