Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Issue Program Homelink Mirror with Garage

Hello. I'm having issues programming my homelink mirror with my garage. My other vehicles and exterior garage opener programmed with no issues. I've followed the instruction manual. Anyone else having problems?

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! We tried this a few times using the learn button on our garage door opener and it didn't work. I don't have my original garage opener. Thanks for your help!

Thanks! We tried this a few times using the learn button on our garage door opener and it didn't work. I don't have my original garage opener. Thanks for your help!
I think if you have a rolling code garage opener you'll need the remote to program the Home link.

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
Thanks! I found my remote and had to program it. Still no luck with the homelink mirror. Truly appreciate your help!

OP
O
Thread Starter #8
A Chamberlain and it's 12 years old. I thought about that...Our 2013, 2017 and 2016 vehicles works using it....

Looks like Gone in 60 beat me to it with the videos.

After you program Homelink with the remote, you'll still need to push the learn button the garage so that the opener recognizes Homelink as a new remote.

OP
O
Thread Starter #11
I had major issues with programming my Homelink until I cracked this code. (FYI I have 2 Chamberlain/Liftmaster 1/2HP openers).
Start by pushing the Start Button on your vehicle Without your foot on the brake to put it into accessory mode.

1. Reset all buttons on the Homelink by pushing and holding the 1st and 3rd buttons until the light on the mirror/homelink blinks red then release.
2. Assuming you are programming button 1 on the Homelink press and hold button 1, while holding button 1 hold your garage door remote within 3 inches of the mirror/Homelink and push and hold the desired button on the remote until the light on the mirror/homelink blinks fast red (it may blink slowly at first but be patient).
3. Climb a ladder and briefly push the learn button on the garage door opener head/motor (a small program light will come on). WARNING: If you hold the learn button too long you will erase the programming on the door opener head/motor.
4. Within 30 seconds hop in the car and push the desired button on the Homelink. (On my system the light on the Garage door opener head/motor blinks)
5. Test to make sure the desired button works.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for any additional Homelink buttons you wish to program.

If you don't get the fast red blink in step 2 you may have to put a new battery into the remote.

Hopefully this solves your issues as it did mine!!!

TN_Steve

I had major issues with programming my Homelink until I cracked this code. (FYI I have 2 Chamberlain/Liftmaster 1/2HP openers).
Start by pushing the Start Button on your vehicle Without your foot on the brake to put it into accessory mode.

1. Reset all buttons on the Homelink by pushing and holding the 1st and 3rd buttons until the light on the mirror/homelink blinks red then release.
2. Assuming you are programming button 1 on the Homelink press and hold button 1, while holding button 1 hold your garage door remote within 3 inches of the mirror/Homelink and push and hold the desired button on the remote until the light on the mirror/homelink blinks fast red (it may blink slowly at first but be patient).
3. Climb a ladder and briefly push the learn button on the garage door opener head/motor (a small program light will come on). WARNING: If you hold the learn button too long you will erase the programming on the door opener head/motor.
4. Within 30 seconds hop in the car and push the desired button on the Homelink. (On my system the light on the Garage door opener head/motor blinks)
5. Test to make sure the desired button works.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for any additional Homelink buttons you wish to program.

If you don't get the fast red blink in step 2 you may have to put a new battery into the remote.

Hopefully this solves your issues as it did mine!!!
This totally worked!! I just a new SX Prestige and have programmed Homelink with my other cars and didn’t have to do steps 1 and 2 but Kia apparently you do. Thanks!!