Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Just Ordered...Now We Wait

BTW, my ETA is 7/30/22 That’s 9 and a half months But, I’m excited to be getting my order regardless.
Yeah 6 months isn’t bad at all. It’s felt like a lifetime haha. I told myself I’d never buy a new car, but I got it for msrp, and the only inventory the dealership had on hand at the time was a 2020 with 30k on it for $53,000 lol. Just absurd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I checked in with the dealer, and they bumped my 7/30 ETA to 8/10/22.

How are the rest of you faring on your waits times?

Mine got bumped from 8/9 to 8/13. Dealership said I’ll have it no later than 8/17, so fingers crossed

Brycen called me late last week to tell me my ETA jumped to 07/30... after months of waiting and getting pushed from 6 mos to a 9+ mo wait I'm getting really frustrated. It was first 07/02, then 7/09, ~07/18 and now 07/30. Brycen said my car was done (a couple wks ago now) and just waiting to be picked up. Said he has 13 Tellurides with this next order and they all got pushed to 07/30. SO FRUSTRATED.

Brycen called me late last week to tell me my ETA jumped to 07/30... after months of waiting and getting pushed from 6 mos to a 9+ mo wait I'm getting really frustrated. It was first 07/02, then 7/09, ~07/18 and now 07/30. Brycen said my car was done (a couple wks ago now) and just waiting to be picked up. Said he has 13 Tellurides with this next order and they all got pushed to 07/30. SO FRUSTRATED.
Ugh, yes completely frustrating. Did he ever give you a vin number? I still haven’t gotten one. 😕

OP
Bucky Festoon
Thread Starter #89
SOOOOO, after 7 months I picked up my vehicle (ordered December 27, 2021) on Monday July 25, 2022. It is a 2022 and is everything what I hoped it would be and IMHO worth the wait!!! FYI I ordered it solely based on reviews, features for the money, warranty, etc. and never drove one. I made a GREAT decision with this vehicle. I did get lucky on a business trip the week of 7/18/22 and rented lower trim model and drove it for several hundred miles which was lucky!!! For those of you still waiting BE PATIENT it is worth the wait!!!!!

For those interested I had been monitoring Failcat.com and actually searched for my dealer/my specs and thought I saw my vehicle being built on June 1 2022. My dealer had no clue...after emailing them several times and even asking about the VIN for the vehicle built on June 1 they still had no clue. In early July they told me it had been built and they would have it in 2-3 weeks. Last Friday 7/22/22 they emailed and said it would be 2 more weeks. Monday morning i got a call at work saying it was in "How quickly can you come and pick it up?" (They must want it off the books ASAP). BTW the VIN was the one built on June 1 so Failcat works great. Also my dealership (Jeff Belzer Kia, Lakeville MN) while clueless on the build timing and VIN was spot on on the price! it was straight MSRP (and was ordered with $1000 down). They should be added to the NICE list.

So I am now in day 2 and still in learning and reading manuals mode. I have 2 questions:
1. Anybody else recently have one delivered and want to share about it?
2. WHY in the year 2022 can't a dealership get the transaction done in 15-20 minutes instead of 4-6 hours? Thoughts?

Thanks for sharing, Bucky. I'm in a very similar situation but haven't taken delivery yet. I was told a month ago that it was going to be 9/26 (ordered on 1/15/22) and was just updated this morning that it's going to be 10/1 now. I'm really excited for it but the wait is difficult.

I confirmed that the vin I saw on July 24th is mine. When I contacted the dealer on July 29th they said my ETA is now 8/4/22 (tomorrow).
Sure hoping! :)

Congrats Bucky on getting your Telly! And thank you so much for all the helpful feedback.

I confirmed that the vin I saw on July 24th is mine. When I contacted the dealer on July 29th they said my ETA is now 8/4/22 (tomorrow).
Sure hoping! :)

Congrats Bucky on getting your Telly! And thank you so much for all the helpful feedback.
Exciting!!! I’m 2 weeks out still

Weehoo! Just picked up my Telluride from the dealer today after a nearly 10 month wait! I hadn’t test driven a Telly prior to doing so this morning, and was simply delighted with its performance. My brain is exploding over how many features it has. Gonna take lots of hands on practice to familiarize myself with all of them. 😄 My teen boys reportedly love the comfort and space of the bucket passenger seats. I agree with everything Bucky said in his post above. You will love your purchase. Worth the wait for sure! Good luck everyone.

Weehoo! Just picked up my Telluride from the dealer today after a nearly 10 month wait! I hadn’t test driven a Telly prior to doing so this morning, and was simply delighted with its performance. My brain is exploding over how many features it has. Gonna take lots of hands on practice to familiarize myself with all of them. My teen boys reportedly love the comfort and space of the bucket passenger seats. I agree with everything Bucky said in his post above. You will love your purchase. Worth the wait for sure! Good luck everyone.
Congrats!! My wife (it’s going to be hers) and my son can’t wait! Should hopefully be driving it in about 10 more days!

Congrats!! My wife (it’s going to be hers) and my son can’t wait! Should hopefully be driving it in about 10 more days!

Yay! So exciting! Be sure to tell us how you all like your new Telly when it arrives. 😊

Today was supposed to be my pickup day. Confirmed with the dealership that delivery would be today last Thursday (“99% certain”). Just found out the eta is now 8/20. I sold my other car over the weekend thinking that I could handle having 1 car for my family for a day or 2. Dealers reply was “well the 1% happened”. I hate that due to demand they’re in a position to basically just tell me to get fucked.