Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia 2022 Kia Telluride windshield crack

J.robledo

Anyone experiencing windshield problem with easy cracking? Small rock hit front windshield while driving down the road. Crack about 2 inches in width all the way around… <6 months with vehicle. Just bad luck, maybe ahhh, either way frustrating. 7F47E296-CCAD-423F-A53C-031BBE570EDC.jpeg

You are lucky this happened 6 months later. I had this on day 1 after I got my vehicle. I raised it to dealership as well as Kia. However they did not accept this as quality issue.

This is a serious issue as you can find a few more people reported similar issue with windshield quality.

Please let me know if you get a better response from Kia. There are a few threds here -

https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/2022-cracked-windshield.2145/

dd123

My 2022 telluride showed about 3 hairline scratches/cracks in the windshield about 3 days after purchase. I thought they were scratches and had no idea how it happened as I did not clean or do anything to the car. Took it to the dealer and they claimed it may have been damaged in transit and they will replace the windshield. However, after reading these posts, it sounds like a quality issue for Kia.

OP
J

J.robledo

Thread Starter #4
You are lucky this happened 6 months later. I had this on day 1 after I got my vehicle. I raised it to dealership as well as Kia. However they did not accept this as quality issue.

This is a serious issue as you can find a few more people reported similar issue with windshield quality.

Please let me know if you get a better response from Kia. There are a few threds here -

https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/2022-cracked-windshield.2145/
How can I bring this to Kia’s attention ? or file a complaint? Gahhh I know worst things can happen but the dealership insurance for new purchases only going to cover partial replacement, still have to pay out 200$ For the difference for a new replacement. Around the holidays that money could have easily been spent on other needs. Sorry just venting 🙄

OP
J

J.robledo

Thread Starter #5
My 2022 telluride showed about 3 hairline scratches/cracks in the windshield about 3 days after purchase. I thought they were scratches and had no idea how it happened as I did not clean or do anything to the car. Took it to the dealer and they claimed it may have been damaged in transit and they will replace the windshield. However, after reading these posts, it sounds like a quality issue for Kia.
I’m glad your able to get it replaced at no cost !!!! 👍🏻 That’s awesome 👏🏻

Toonces

3 weeks in. Pebble barely hit the windshield. Not a hard strike. I have the exact same spider crack. Documented windshield issues were my only concern when ordering the Telluride. Massachusetts insurance covers glass at no cost.

TonyB

3 weeks in. Pebble barely hit the windshield. Not a hard strike. I have the exact same spider crack. Documented windshield issues were my only concern when ordering the Telluride. Massachusetts insurance covers glass at no cost.
Take your car to the dealer and have them inspect the damage. They will take pictures and send to KIA. I had my windshield replaced at $0

Telluirder

How can I bring this to Kia’s attention ? or file a complaint? Gahhh I know worst things can happen but the dealership insurance for new purchases only going to cover partial replacement, still have to pay out 200$ For the difference for a new replacement. Around the holidays that money could have easily been spent on other needs. Sorry just venting 🙄
There is a customer support phone email id on KIA website. I used that and got a response 2 Months later.