Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2022 Cracked Windshield

Purchased new 2022 Telluride and 12 hrs after purchase a small pebble like object hit the windshield causing it to crack. Ridiculous! Found online Action Law Suit referring 2020 Tellurides defect on windshields as well Kia’s letter to owners dated Nov 2019 stating “good will” effort to repair. Anyone experiencing this problem with 2021 or 2022 Tellurides? Wondering if it’s an ongoing problem or just my bad luck. Dealership unable to find me a replacement part since car is brand new. Windshields not under warranty and will need to pay out of pocket for replacements are eventually available.

ChapmanC

Yes problems with 2021 windshield. 5 chips in 3 incidents in 3000 miles! I have insurance but that is not acceptable for insurance to pay for when it sure seems odd that this has happened. I have files safety concern with NHTSA (so have others). Will be chatting with dealer. Posted and tagged Kia on Twitter. 😳

Happened with a little more than 1 month after purchase. The dealer is going to replace it, but the Kia factory part is on backorder. They said I could get an OEM windshield right away, but I am not sure if this is the right move. See here - https://www.reddit.com/r/KiaTelluride/comments/otxc6w

I have a 2021 and am having similar issue but the Kia windshield is available. It appears that Kia has had issues with previous years models to the point of extended a warranty on the 2020 ? Model windshields. Just be aware, there appears to be a problem with the glass or design (my opinion). I would add windshield coverage to your insurance…not considered a claim if you need to use and in my case there is no deductible. Bottom line is is annoying. I have 4 chips in 10 weeks! Also go to Kia Consumer affairs and NHTSA pages and lodge concerns. This is how recalls and other corrections happen. I also expressed concern to the dealer.

Yes. My windshield is covered, but I am trying to decide to wait a few more weeks to get the factory unit or have the OEM windshield installed now. According to one of the other posters, the Safelite installer showed them how much thinner the Telluride glass was than other comparable ones. Perhaps this is the problem? Maybe the structural design of the vehicle included a thinner-than-usual windshield component? Not sure, but I hope they can somehow come up with a fix. I just do want to end up replacing it all the time.