Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride ADM Dealers a.k.a "Bad Kia Dealers List"

Hanlees in Davis, CA.. Nicholas Jay Olson the Internet Director, very unprofessional. He asked if I was prepared to wait 3 months for the car, I told him as long as I get the car that I want. He replies with this:

“That is one of the best e-mails I've ever received in the 13yrs I've been in the business lol ROGER THAT I'll get with my Kia rep first thing in the morning and send you the specifics! Your awesome!!”

When asked to keep it professional he replied he stated he no longer wants my business. Perfect! I’ll take it elsewhere and not have to deal with a sleazy salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No offense intended, but get used to it - this type of communication is becoming the new norm.

Just got off the phone with Southwest KIA Mesquite 1919 OATES DRIVE MESQUITE TX 75150. I was quoted $51,500 for an SX Dark Moss, Butterscotch leather with self leveling tow package sticker is $45,590.00.
How in the world are dealers still charging over MSRP so close to the end of the year

B&KAdams

I have to share my experience at Kia of Chattanooga, TN. I, like most of us have spent more time than I care to share on looking for a Telluride at a fair price. After coming to terms with not being able to grab a SX trim at MSRP or below (lol), my wife and I spent some time talking with some dealers about ordering a custom built Telluride. We thought we found a dealer who would be fair and honest. Boy were we wrong.

The ordering process was simple enough, but like most customers across the country who choose to put in an order, there was absolutely no documentation provided to us at the time of order entry. We chose a Black Copper SX AWD with some floor mats. We were told we MUST choose either towing or Prestige package because of configuration conflicts, which we accepted as understandable and moved forward. We also put down a refundable $500 deposit. We were also advised that the order would take between 60-90 days, which we also understood as fairly common per this forum as well as other experiences I have heard.

After zero communication along the way, I received a text from my salesperson that my order should be ready on October 1st, which was actually ahead of the 90 day window so everything seemed good. Needless to say, October 1st came and went. I was then told it would just be another week (mind you, they did not provide me a VIN or anything in writing that would actually confirm this theory). That date came and went as well. October 21st arrived and a text came from my salesperson with a sales order screenshot, VIN and expected delivery of 1 week. I was super excited until I looked at the order sheet. It included bloated accessory add ons and also the prestige package added on increasing my expected MSRP sales price by about 5k. I brought this to the attention of my salesperson and was told that "we will do everything to make things right". Classic bait and switch, right.

Well, the vehicle arrives and of course I get a text with a photo of the beautiful baby and asked when I want to come buy and finalize the purchase. I asked what would be done concerning the new bloated price tag and the response was..... well you'll have to talk with my manager (of course, right). I called the manager and tried to voice my frustration and see what kind of compromise we could come to because of the error (using this word very loosely). I was told that he was not the one that put the original order in and could not do anything about the factory installed add ons and then made a accusation that I was simply trying to get a better price on the vehicle.(This was the final straw for me).

Needless to say, after months of working to get a sweet new Telluride, I am sitting here without the vehicle I ordered and looking to see if I want to go through this same ordering experience with another dealer or just scrap the idea of this vehicle all together.....

Sorry for the long rant, but I just needed to get this out and wondered if anyone else have been put through similar experiences with this particular dealer or if this is just common practice among Kia dealers as this would have been my first Kia purchased.

Attachments

KiaTruth

ROUNDTREE KIA IN LAKE CITY

Not only do they markup Tellurides, but every other car on the lot. They lie and say they don't markup Tellurides. LIARS! Proof is attached and signed.

Included on every deal is their "Special Appearance Package" for $1895. Sales manager Justin Gonzalez signed off on it on 10/23/2019

Attachments

Not only do they markup Tellurides, but every other car on the lot. They lie and say they don't markup Tellurides. LIARS! Proof is attached and signed.

Included on every deal is their "Special Appearance Package" for $1895. Sales manager Justin Gonzalez signed off on it on 10/23/2019
Thanks for sharing. Did they specify whats included in the paint protection?

Mulignan

You should be more pissed about that $900 Doc Fee. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronjay

If you’ve paid over MSRP or seen dealers charging more than MSRP feel free to list them here.
Winn Kia of Fremont, told me they had one on RESERVE for me, made a 3 hour drive just to see them loading the sucker who paid 6K over invoice. Liars con-artists. Run from them.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

Staff Member
Thread Starter #74
Winn Kia of Fremont, told me they had one on RESERVE for me, made a 3 hour drive just to see them loading the sucker who paid 6K over invoice. Liars con-artists. Run from them.
Thanks for letting us know.

Boomer Kia in Oklahoma City $3K-$6K+ over MSRP depending on model
Bob Moore Kia in Oklahoma City $5K-$10K over MSRP depending on who you talk to at the dealership

Time to add Jeff Wyler Kia Fairfield to the list of bad dealers. I ordered an SXP on 4/22 with no deal in place. Well, they come out with their initial offer of MSRP 48,400 with 800 of theft protection, 1900 for paint protection and 5000 market add on. Also on that vehicle it has to be 3.9 for 60 for 1500 back. Well, I laughed a them and said give me my trade in key back. I have bought 8 vehicles in the past from this dealership and have my service all done there. Well, the manager comes running out saying he didn't know it was me. He agreed to go down to 2.9 for 60 and drop the theft protection and paint protection. Still wanted the extra 6500 even if I asked him if he's willing to make a few thousand now to lose a lot more later (my future sales and sevice) . well obviously they do, they wouldn't come down anywhere near MSRP and said nobody in the country is. I am no longer going to do any business there.

Not true! Werner Kia in Tallahassee, FL is selling at MSRP. No paint protection, no pinstripe, no fluff warranty. Sticker with NOTHING added on. And we just got 2 SX's in! 850-792-9460 -Nick Bono