Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride ADM Dealers a.k.a "Bad Kia Dealers List"

Titanrx8

I've been doing my shopping homework for a 3 row SUV with over 3500# towing capacity. Looking at this thread, it makes me think that I shouldn't even bother walking into a Kia dealer. Telluride rates well and might be the nicest Kia made, but it's no Lexus. I can pay a little more and get a Lexus rather than some of these marked-up tellurides and come out way ahead at resale time.

Does anyone know if the Costco buying service cuts through the markup nonsense?

oledog

I've been doing my shopping homework for a 3 row SUV with over 3500# towing capacity. Looking at this thread, it makes me think that I shouldn't even bother walking into a Kia dealer. Telluride rates well and might be the nicest Kia made, but it's no Lexus. I can pay a little more and get a Lexus rather than some of these marked-up tellurides and come out way ahead at resale time.

What Lexus. Test drove one. No technology. Most boring drive ever. Dropped from my list instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oledog

There is a reason why there is so much demand for the "T". You can order one from a dealer and pay list, or you can pay up if you want a car NOW!!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
What Lexus. Test drove one. No technology. Most boring drive ever. Dropped from my list instantly.

One of my reasons I dropped lexus as well lol

Titanrx8

They aren’t to marked up and well worth it I think.
Just remember that anything paid over MSRP is not taken into account by your insurance company. Also won't be taken into account at sale/trade-in time. If you're ok with paying extra to be first, enjoy.

Personally, I don't stand in line at Apple stores and don't care if there's a new car in the driveway today or 3 months from now.

Titanrx8

The RX350L. My 99 RX300 has less technology than the 96 Grand Cherokee it replaced. What it has is comfort, quiet and durability. At 20 years old, the driver seat is still super comfortable and painless even after 10 hours straight in the seat.

Not ruling out the telluride, but I have no patience for arrogant dealers and dealer tack-ons are a sure sign. They're selling a manufactured product. The manufacturer will build more (remember Jay Leno's potato chip commercial? We'll make more)

The RX350L. My 99 RX300 has less technology than the 96 Grand Cherokee it replaced. What it has is comfort, quiet and durability. At 20 years old, the driver seat is still super comfortable and painless even after 10 hours straight in the seat.
Def. agree on quiet, comfort, durability.

Great properties for a lot of people. Tech is so important in cars now (at least to me as someone who keeps a car 8+ years) which was a huge turnoff. Lexus is generally 4 or 5 years behind the average for car tech. Could not buy a car without CarPlay now. For comfort - there is such a thing as too much - I need some road feel. You don’t get that in the Lexus I drove.

Definitely a great car. My issues might be resolved with one of their sportier packages, but generally those seem to be appearance packages vs. axtual performance enhancements.

I got mine for MSRP and talked down the lease $25/mth plus insurance is 33% cheap then the 05 I'm driving. I'll be happy with my choice and since I'm paying for it I'm good.

LVP

Jacksonville, FL, KIA of Orange Park...It took me 18 emails (I won't give them my phone number) back and forth with them to get them to give me a VIN or copy of the window sticker after they contacted me (based on an inquiry I had made a week ago) about a SXP they had on their lot. He told me that they applied adds to all of their vehicles...in this case it was $3,495, that was at email number 17 and I still don't know what color the interior is apart from brown. I explained to him multiple times that the KIA site list both Dune Brown and Espresso Brown and yet he just understands the color Brown. If the communication I had with them via email was any indication of the quality of experience to be expected that's a scary prospect.

Jacksonville, FL, KIA of Orange Park...It took me 18 emails (I won't give them my phone number) back and forth with them to get them to give me a VIN or copy of the window sticker after they contacted me (based on an inquiry I had made a week ago) about a SXP they had on their lot. He told me that they applied adds to all of their vehicles...in this case it was $3,495, that was at email number 17 and I still don't know what color the interior is apart from brown. I explained to him multiple times that the KIA site list both Dune Brown and Espresso Brown and yet he just understands the color Brown. If the communication I had with them via email was any indication of the quality of experience to be expected that's a scary prospect.
Kia the manufacturer has a whole team because of this nonsense. I got my at MSRP with 3k rebate.

LVP

Kia the manufacturer has a whole team because of this nonsense. I got my at MSRP with 3k rebate.
I hope KIA is reading this...I have the email conversations and would be happy to provide them...Dear KIA, these guys are not representing you well :-(

I hope KIA is reading this...I have the email conversations and would be happy to provide them...Dear KIA, these guys are not representing you well :-(
Call customer service and let them know. They're very unhappy with the bad dealer "press" of the brand.

mariob33

Just went into Quirk KIA in Braintree, Ma and they wanted 52.5K on a 47.5K on a Telluride with no additional features. This shocked me. I know its a hot market and buyer beware but perhaps these sales outfits should be more long-term versus shucking the consumer. With all of the available online resources do they think consumers wont do their homework? I have 3 vehichles right now all purchased/serviced via Quirk network of dealers that will never happen again. I hope KIA is reading and taking note as in my case nothing wrong with another brand and even another dealer. Nothing at all :)

yanni

Hertrich Honda Kia of Easton in Maryland wants $5,000 over MSRP, although he didn't put it in writing in the quote he gave me, along with a Cheshire Cat grin.
Safford Kia of Salisbury in Maryland wants $1995 over MSRP, although he said it was a mandatory "Package".

mariob33

The shady dealers are coming out in droves. I reached out to "Dan Obrien Kia of Norwood Mass" and they also were asking above MSRP for the Telluride Prestige package. I promptly told them no thanks and I ill now officially take my business to another brand. If KIA as a brand wanted to intercept this they could. Whats clear is they do not care to do anything to curtail the blatant gouging. Personally I will look at the other brands.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
The shady dealers are coming out in droves. I reached out to "Dan Obrien Kia of Norwood Mass" and they also were asking above MSRP for the Telluride Prestige package. I promptly told them no thanks and I ill now officially take my business to another brand. If KIA as a brand wanted to intercept this they could. Whats clear is they do not care to do anything to curtail the blatant gouging. Personally I will look at the other brands.
Manufacturers no matter who will do nothing about price gouging. It's the basic law of supply and demand. When the dodge demon came out some were selling for over $20k above. Same with when the new body stingrays came out, some were selling pre orders over $10k. We all hate price gouging, but that's what happens when a manufacturer makes a great product that everyone wants.

mariob33

Manufacturers no matter who will do nothing about price gouging. It's the basic law of supply and demand. When the dodge demon came out some were selling for over $20k above. Same with when the new body stingrays came out, some were selling pre orders over $10k. We all hate price gouging, but that's what happens when a manufacturer makes a great product that everyone wants.
Charging "whatever the market will bear," or your "supply and demand" statement has been proven, especially in the automotive industry, as being bad for long-term business. Especially in todays online virtual marketplaces. KIA can do nothing and make a few bucks today or step in an cut allocations to the shady outfits. The decision is there but so isnt where and how we spend our money. NET, This would have been KIA's opportunity to earn my business longterm but by aligning themselves with the likes of shady delaers like Quirk and Dan Obrien they will not. This isnt the first hot product to hit the market and wont be the last.