Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride aftermarket wheel thread

MattyMull

Every tire is different. So look up the specific tire specs as they will tell you the min and max rim width.
Every tire is different. So look up the specific tire specs as they will tell you the min and max rim width.
Got them on order. I'll post pics once I have them on the ride. Thx again for the help.

MattyMull

So KIA just called and said the tires rub. They cannot install and looks like I'll be doing it myself. Any tips or tricks? I'm running 22's on 265/40/22 tires.

OP
telluride
Thread Starter #267
So KIA just called and said the tires rub. They cannot install and looks like I'll be doing it myself. Any tips or tricks? I'm running 22's on 265/40/22 tires.
Is it rubbing on the inside or outside?

OP
telluride
Thread Starter #269
I kind of based it off another Telly owner and what he put on his. My dumbness assumed if it worked for him it would work for me. Live n learn.
Unless you get the same exact wheels, size, offset and tires you can't base it from another owner. Even the same tire size can vary from brand to brand. Hopefully some spacers will resolve the problem.

MattyMull

Unless you get the same exact wheels, size, offset and tires you can't base it from another owner. Even the same tire size can vary from brand to brand. Hopefully some spacers will resolve the problem.
Makes complete sense. Definitely an oversight on my part. I tend to do things on the fly. I'll post pics once complete. definitely determined :)

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member

MattyMull

Spacers will not solve inside rubbing... If you rub, you rub. Either get smaller tires or shave down the liner. I'm running 32" tires and they rub on the inside with or without spacers... I shaved down the liner and a bit of metal. All good now.
That's gonna be my next move. That's what Kia Service told me to do. Appreciate it.

It's difficult to know for sure where you're rubbing without seeing pictures. Sometimes spacers will work if you're rubbing against the suspension but not so much the liner.

Before shaving down the liner, you might want to try heating up the fender liner enough where you can push it back a bit to see if that helps. It's still not going to look pretty but it's better than to have a hole.

MattyMull

It's difficult to know for sure where you're rubbing without seeing pictures. Sometimes spacers will work if you're rubbing against the suspension but not so much the liner.

Before shaving down the liner, you might want to try heating up the fender liner enough where you can push it back a bit to see if that helps. It's still not going to look pretty but it's better than to have a hole.
Thank you. I'll try this as well.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thank you. I'll try this as well.
if you are rubbing the same area as I am. You'll have to shave down some metal. There's a stupid piece of metal protruding into the wheel well... Once you find it you'll understand how stupid it is.

Spacers will not solve inside rubbing... If you rub, you rub. Either get smaller tires or shave down the liner. I'm running 32" tires and they rub on the inside with or without spacers... I shaved down the liner and a bit of metal. All good now.
Could you post pictures of your T-ride with 32" tires?