Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

Zick

Subbed for updates

Engine overheated today -had to stop and park for 45 minutes
Have appointment at dealer monday
Was using Eco drive mode not super hot out in bumper to bumper traffic for 30 minutes ac on
Very interested to hear what the dealer has to say.

mob

subbd for the problems on the engine.

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the Telluride so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My front passenger door won’t open. Can hear it lock and unlock but won’t open for anything. I was told by the dealer garage that the door has to be replaced and the earliest availability of a new door is possibly mid May. Only have it 3 weeks with 1200 miles. I filed a complaint with corporate and am waiting for someone to call me back.

My front passenger door won’t open. Can hear it lock and unlock but won’t open for anything. I was told by the dealer garage that the door has to be replaced and the earliest availability of a new door is possibly mid May. Only have it 3 weeks with 1200 miles. I filed a complaint with corporate and am waiting for someone to call me back.
They are replacing the entire door? Can't they just replace the mechanism inside? I would worry about the paint matching if they had to replace the entire door.

Thanks for posting it here too @Jsk1974

Mimififi

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the Telluride so far?

My touchscreen goes crazy every once in a while. It jerks around and you can’t push any buttons on the screen to correct it. The next time it happens, I’ll take a video. It goes to the dealer on Monday... we will see what the say.

Krug

That's insane. How long before it stopped working after you bought it?

They are replacing the entire door? Can't they just replace the mechanism inside? I would worry about the paint matching if they had to replace the entire door.
I agree. This is absurd. I’m still waiting for corporate to call me back. The garage ordered a door and left it at that. This is very frustrating.

I would escalate this to corporate and argue that's it's extremely dangerous to operate a vehicle if you are unable to open the passenger door in the event of an emergency.

strange enough, the rear doors wont unlock when the child safetly lock in engaged.. not sure about the front passenger door.

I would escalate this to corporate and argue that's it's extremely dangerous to operate a vehicle if you are unable to open the passenger door in the event of an emergency.
I tried to escalate it and was told by corporate employee it takes 2-3 business days for someone to call me back. I told them that’s unacceptable, but no one seems to care. That door just stopped working out of nowhere so it can actually happen to the others doors too. I feel unsafe yet I’m still waiting for a response.

Do you have any recourse under the lemon law?
I don’t think it meets the lemon law requirements yet. This whole situation is absurd and I’m shocked with corporate’s lack of response to me. This should be a priority and apparently it’s not. Ugh

I agree. This is absurd. I’m still waiting for corporate to call me back. The garage ordered a door and left it at that. This is very frustrating.
When you say garage do you mean the service dept at a Kia dealer or some local repair shop?

OP
captmorgan1
Thread Starter #38
That's insane. How long before it stopped working after you bought it?
It sounds like the door latch assy, not the whole door.

OP
captmorgan1
Thread Starter #39
Sounds like a door latch to me, I will see if Kia has any stock on the part.

OP
captmorgan1
Thread Starter #40
It sounds like a door latch to me, the Rh. Part # is 81320 S9000 Kia has plenty in stock at all depots, what state are you in?