Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

KIA Telluride vs. Hyundai Palisade Dimensions

PALISADE DIMENSIONS:
• Overall Height: 68.1 in.
• Overall Length: 196.1 in.
• Overall Width: 77.7 in.
• Wheelbase: 114.2 in.

TELLURIDE DIMENSIONS:
• Overall Height: 70.9 in.
• Overall Length: 196.9 in.
• Overall Width: 79.1 in.
• Wheelbase: 114.2 in.

kiavshyundai.jpg

Thanks for this comparison, the more I see the Palisade and the more I hear about the nightmares with Telluride ordering, shortages, price gouging, problems I'm thinking a Hyundai might be in my future. As much as I like the Kia I'm not gonna deal with crap when getting a new car, that experience should be something exciting, not something stressful...

ChadKIA4U

Thanks for this comparison, the more I see the Palisade and the more I hear about the nightmares with Telluride ordering, shortages, price gouging, problems I'm thinking a Hyundai might be in my future. As much as I like the Kia I'm not gonna deal with crap when getting a new car, that experience should be something exciting, not something stressful...
Come get a Telluride from me at Van Griffith KIA... No price gouging. Just normal, easy car buying.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I don't think you understand how new model car purchases work now a days. As kia and Hyundai are the same company and as both the telluride and palisade are new releases you'll get the same nightmare either way. LoL

Somethings are worth waiting for rather than compromising for less in my opinion. The more I read about the Palisade the less I like it. Not that I liked it much right out of the gate. Besides, Telly sounds way better than a Pally............just sayin'. : )

You get more for the money with the Telli :)

I don't think you understand how new model car purchases work now a days. As kia and Hyundai are the same company and as both the telluride and palisade are new releases you'll get the same nightmare either way. LoL
I don't purchase, I lease. It seems many of the nightmares these days, at least from what I'm reading here are both dealer and factory related. I've never leased a Kia but I have leased from Hyundai and found the experience with them to be exceptional. As recently as 6 months ago I helped my Granddaughter lease a Hyundai Kona, a relatively new and popular vehicle. She wanted a specific color and trim level and the dealer went out of his way to find one AND beat the prices she had received. My point is I think the Hyundai dealer network might be better suited to deal with the new model, they certainly have to be better then the incompetence I'm reading about on here from Kia. And are they actually the same company or just owned by the same person, financial group, whatever? Are they made in the same factory? I really like the Kia but if it doesn't work out there's plenty more out there, the VW Atlas comes to mind. We'll see...I just don't want to get caught up playing games.

Somethings are worth waiting for rather than compromising for less in my opinion. The more I read about the Palisade the less I like it. Not that I liked it much right out of the gate. Besides, Telly sounds way better than a Pally............just sayin'. : )
What are you reading about the Palisade and where? I'm on their Forum too and haven't read anything negative at all, I'd like to see those comments...thanks!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I don't purchase, I lease. It seems many of the nightmares these days, at least from what I'm reading here are both dealer and factory related. I've never leased a Kia but I have leased from Hyundai and found the experience with them to be exceptional. As recently as 6 months ago I helped my Granddaughter lease a Hyundai Kona, a relatively new and popular vehicle. She wanted a specific color and trim level and the dealer went out of his way to find one AND beat the prices she had received. My point is I think the Hyundai dealer network might be better suited to deal with the new model, they certainly have to be better then the incompetence I'm reading about on here from Kia. And are they actually the same company or just owned by the same person, financial group, whatever? Are they made in the same factory? I really like the Kia but if it doesn't work out there's plenty more out there, the VW Atlas comes to mind. We'll see...I just don't want to get caught up playing games.
Same company. Same problems. Konas were no where near as popular as how the Telluride is. Relatively new is still not new.

Have people started taking delivery of the Palisade yet? How can there be anything negative to report yet.

Have people started taking delivery of the Palisade yet? How can there be anything negative to report yet.
From what I've read on the Palisade Forum dealers just started taking deposits with the first shipments coming in late June/early July...

What are you reading about the Palisade and where? I'm on their Forum too and haven't read anything negative at all, I'd like to see those comments...thanks!
Just what I've found on web searches. There are some test ride videos and the odd review. Not saying there are negative things being said necessarily, but rather the more I find out about it (i.e. features, specs, looks, details, etc) the more I think I made the right choice with a Telluride. Pretty sure people that pick the Palisade will be just as happy as T-Ride people.

I believe Hyundai owns about 34% of Kia and Kia owns other companies owned by Hyundai. As a result, the companies are like cousins to each other. Many of the same components are shared, obviously, but some are not. I can't give you specific examples, however, the few times that I test drove a 2019 Santa Fe, the dash was very similar to my son's Sorento.

As far as not buying a Telluride because of the lack of availability, I say to each his own. Some people, like me, are willing to wait. I had to wait 5-6 weeks for my S-trim. Others took what was on the lot and were very happy. Yet, for those people who want an SX-Prestige, well......that's not going to happen from what I understand. It all depends on the trim and interior/exterior color you want I suppose.

ucinn

Staff Member
Yet, for those people who want an SX-Prestige, well......that's not going to happen from what I understand. It all depends on the trim and interior/exterior color you want I suppose.

I don't think they are doing away with the Prestige line.. Just a longer wait is all. Did somebody tell you they were no longer going to make the Prestige models?

I suspect you'll have similar issues with the Palisade, especially since there is no U.S. plant and priority supply is reserved for the home market (S. Korea).