Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

LED headlight modification

Freealfin

The 2022 can't be retrofitted with LED's head lights. They will generate a hyper flash per factory statement.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
I contacted online retailer Lucas Lighting, https://lucas-lighting.com, & email reply stated their LED lights/bulbs can be used on Kia halogen factory lights with no CAN Bus interface, series L2 or L3 recommended, 30-day warranty for full refund if dissatisfied. An option for any owners to try. The Kia factory halogen lights are rated “Poor” by the IIHS - Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. I recommend to interested owners to email Lucas for warranty confirmation pre-order to ensure return if dissatisfied, hyper-flashing or otherwise. The Lucas L2/L3 are multitudes increase in lumens for safer night driving.

Freealfin

I contacted online retailer Lucas Lighting, https://lucas-lighting.com, & email reply stated their LED lights/bulbs can be used on Kia halogen factory lights with no CAN Bus interface, series L2 or L3 recommended, 30-day warranty for full refund if dissatisfied. An option for any owners to try. The Kia factory halogen lights are rated “Poor” by the IIHS - Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. I recommend to interested owners to email Lucas for warranty confirmation pre-order to ensure return if dissatisfied, hyper-flashing or otherwise. The Lucas L2/L3 are multitudes increase in lumens for safer night driving.
Better double check......their web site cover up to 2020. There are you tube clips and others that state the 2022 is different. Lasfit also makes for up to 2021 but not for 2022.

eebling

I just put Lucas L2's in my 2022 S and there is no hyper flash using the turn signals or with the emergency lights on. I can't tell you how bright they are yet at night since it is daytime, I literally just finished putting them in, but they lined up exactly to where the factory light beams hit my garage door, I taped the top and bottoms of each beam and teh new LED's fil lthe same space so no need to even use the torx bit to try adjusting the headlight level. And also did not have to remove the desiccant packet attached to the bulb housing end cap.

I just put Lucas L2's in my 2022 S and there is no hyper flash using the turn signals or with the emergency lights on. I can't tell you how bright they are yet at night since it is daytime, I literally just finished putting them in, but they lined up exactly to where the factory light beams hit my garage door, I taped the top and bottoms of each beam and teh new LED's fil lthe same space so no need to even use the torx bit to try adjusting the headlight level. And also did not have to remove the desiccant packet attached to the bulb housing end cap.
They still working correctly with no issues?

ygonch

Have you noticed any problems with overheating?