Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Still waiting on your 2023, call you dealer, my order was cancelled...

177skibum

I ordered my 2023 SX-P-XLine on 3/23/23. I have checked in with the dealer once twice since the order, but with the last month. I noticed a few weeks ago, on failcat, that the 24's were rolling off the line and saw that some were being shipped to local dealers. That made me question why I had not heard from my dealer. If they switched model years, I thought I would have received a call about a price increase or simply with an update that I would be getting a 2024 and the order is working it's way through the system. So, yesterday I decided to check up on things again. One of the sales managers said he would check into it and call me back soon. He kept his word and called me back about 20 minutes later. Turns out my order was cancelled in the system somehow. He stated that "happens somtimes when they switch model years". He reinstated my order, said there a minimal price increase but because of the situation he would honor my original agreement. He seemed fairly confident I would get the car 3 months or less. Let's see how this plays out. My point here is, if you have a 2023 model year on order you may want to check with your dealer to make sure things are in order.

I ordered my 2023 SX-P-XLine on 3/23/23. I have checked in with the dealer once twice since the order, but with the last month. I noticed a few weeks ago, on failcat, that the 24's were rolling off the line and saw that some were being shipped to local dealers. That made me question why I had not heard from my dealer. If they switched model years, I thought I would have received a call about a price increase or simply with an update that I would be getting a 2024 and the order is working it's way through the system. So, yesterday I decided to check up on things again. One of the sales managers said he would check into it and call me back soon. He kept his word and called me back about 20 minutes later. Turns out my order was cancelled in the system somehow. He stated that "happens somtimes when they switch model years". He reinstated my order, said there a minimal price increase but because of the situation he would honor my original agreement. He seemed fairly confident I would get the car 3 months or less. Let's see how this plays out. My point here is, if you have a 2023 model year on order you may want to check with your dealer to make sure things are in order.
Nice heads up - but at least in my case it went without a hitch and came in several months early. I ordered a '23 on May 16 and found out on June 30 it had been rolled over to a '24, and I drove it home that day. 6 weeks when I had been cautioned to expect 4 months. No price increase from my dealer.