Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Looking for details on the Telluride's audio system

Does anyone have any details on the audio system?

ucinn

Staff Member
The six speaker is one in each door and 2 tweeters, probably one in each door. The 10 speaker would probably have 4 tweeters, 1 in each door, 4 door full range speakers, a center speaker, and a sub in back. This is my speculation since this is all I could find on it.

10 speakers (including center speaker, subwoofer and external amplifier) 6 speakers (including 2 tweeters)

ucinn

Staff Member
630 for the 10 speaker.. 6 I haven't seen any specs

JDoggery

I'd be interested in specs as well. Has anyone compared the two systems? I also thought the higher end was only 10 speakers?

Has anyone thought about adding the subwoofers from the HK system to the base system and where is it mounted?

Rx9790

Has anyone thought about adding the subwoofers from the HK system to the base system and where is it mounted?
What would you tie the subwoofer into for a signal? I am currently replacing the door speakers, adding 2 alpine amps and a sub. Plan to tap into the speaker wires for signal. According to the diagram from the parts department the subwoofer is in the driver rear corner.

Rx9790

I'd be interested in specs as well. Has anyone compared the two systems? I also thought the higher end was only 10 speakers?
According to the parts department, the door speakers are the same part number for both systems which is weak. I would have thought the HK system would have HK speakers.

Rx9790

The six speaker is one in each door and 2 tweeters, probably one in each door. The 10 speaker would probably have 4 tweeters, 1 in each door, 4 door full range speakers, a center speaker, and a sub in back. This is my speculation since this is all I could find on it.

10 speakers (including center speaker, subwoofer and external amplifier) 6 speakers (including 2 tweeters)
I have pulled the door panels (quite easily done) and there are 6.5" in the door but the mounting holes are 7.25" diagonally so I feel that a 7" would drop right in but i do not have one to test that theory. The holes are way farther apart than a 6.5" normally is. Yes, the front doors have 2 speakers in the EX (one is a tweeter) while the rear doors have just the midrange 6.5".

Rx9790

Found this in another thread and am confused. KIA's website shows there is a 6 or 10 speaker configuration. The 12 speaker option would be nice for sure.
Diagram from parts shows 6 in the EX and 10 in the HK. HK has the same 6 as the EX plus dash, 2 in rear and subwoofer with an Amp mounted under the center console.

tyson3371

Could you post the diagram? I am looking at replacing the factory speakers too. Did you just unplug the stock tweeter since you have 2 way kickers in the doors now?