Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Looking to purchase, gathering info and learning more about the Telluride!

JaTolivar

Hello everyone, I've found this forum and a few others talking about Tellurides specifically and I'm gathering all the info and leverage I can for my discussion when I go to purchase/order mine.

I currently live outside Brooklet, GA so the nearest dealership is in Savannah, GA, which when I visited, they started by talking about the ADM that they charge and that they were the "lowest one in the state!"

I was able to confirm with calling 4 other dealers that they ALL have an ADM from 2k - 6k....

I hope to learn more from you fine folk here before I make my purchase near end of this year!

See you out on the road!

Hello everyone, I've found this forum and a few others talking about Tellurides specifically and I'm gathering all the info and leverage I can for my discussion when I go to purchase/order mine.

I currently live outside Brooklet, GA so the nearest dealership is in Savannah, GA, which when I visited, they started by talking about the ADM that they charge and that they were the "lowest one in the state!"

I was able to confirm with calling 4 other dealers that they ALL have an ADM from 2k - 6k....

I hope to learn more from you fine folk here before I make my purchase near end of this year!

See you out on the road!
Welcome to the board! I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, but here in Canada we can still snag deals under MSRP. I feel for my American brothers. Good luck with your quest.

Yes. Brittle is a good description. It seems that most vehicles with a new heads-up display (hud) feature reflect in overall vehicle insurance cost. (My sister has a highlander w/hud and her insurance took a jump too.) Currently, I'm dealing with Geico glass protection that doesn't want to cover the calibration portion of Telluride windshield installment (calibrating the speedometer with the projection on the windshield.)

See you out on the road!
Hello! If you want the tow package, be sure to order it ahead of time or find one on the lot with one factory installed. I made the mistake of thinking I'd just get a Curt hitch after the fact and be fine, but then I don't have the self-leveling shocks, which are a necessity! Also, the Curt hitch doesn't have the provisions for the factory bumper insert to mount to and to hold the trailer plug in place. I have been fabricating all of that, and it's costing me more than what it would have to just order it from the factory, and a LOT more work!

As for the windshield, I heard that the replacement is upwards of $1,000 because of the integrated cameras behind the rear-view mirror. Our dealer scared us into buying the extended warranty because he said the full price of the windshield replacement is sometimes not covered by the normal comprehensive car insurance for these Tellurides.

As for the markup over invoice, I got my Telluride from Martin Kia in Newark, DE at $2k over msrp. When I called around, there were dealerships an hour away in PA that were charging $6-8k over msrp!

Also, depending on what model you're looking to get yourself into, there are a lot more caveats to discuss. We opted for the S because the EX and SX seemed like too big of a price jump for the few additional features. Then, a few weeks after purchasing, I started learning about all of these other features that the higher trim models had that my dealer either didn't know about, or didn't care to divulge to me. After seeing ALL of the other little things that an SX has that the S doesn't, I would have definitely bought an SX if I had to do it all over again.

Good luck to you!

We bought the 2021 SX nightfall Edition 3 months ago. And guess what, the windshield just cracked, by itself. We made an appointment to let them check, but most probably they are telling we need to pay from our pocket to replace it. If somebody got covered for it? 15 inch crack from top frame.......

We bought the 2021 SX nightfall Edition 3 months ago. And guess what, the windshield just cracked, by itself. We made an appointment to let them check, but most probably they are telling we need to pay from our pocket to replace it. If somebody got covered for it? 15 inch crack from top frame.......
That is ridiculous! I really hope you fight back on that and make them pay for it! There is absolutely no excuse for that!

Hope it works out for you where they cover it. If not, be sure to keep the receipt and record of any payments. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this, what does this mean? Your windshield will just crack randomly, or just be brittle to any type of road debris?

I just faced this issue on my first day of ownership. Can you believe it?
Reported it to dealership. And since they just raised their ha ds, reported it to Kia. Not sure they are concerned about owners safety once they sell this to you.
This can be a fatal safety issue for some. I am going to post a video soon.

Tellme

Hello! If you want the tow package, be sure to order it ahead of time or find one on the lot with one factory installed. I made the mistake of thinking I'd just get a Curt hitch after the fact and be fine, but then I don't have the self-leveling shocks, which are a necessity! Also, the Curt hitch doesn't have the provisions for the factory bumper insert to mount to and to hold the trailer plug in place. I have been fabricating all of that, and it's costing me more than what it would have to just order it from the factory, and a LOT more work!

As for the windshield, I heard that the replacement is upwards of $1,000 because of the integrated cameras behind the rear-view mirror. Our dealer scared us into buying the extended warranty because he said the full price of the windshield replacement is sometimes not covered by the normal comprehensive car insurance for these Tellurides.

As for the markup over invoice, I got my Telluride from Martin Kia in Newark, DE at $2k over msrp. When I called around, there were dealerships an hour away in PA that were charging $6-8k over msrp!

Also, depending on what model you're looking to get yourself into, there are a lot more caveats to discuss. We opted for the S because the EX and SX seemed like too big of a price jump for the few additional features. Then, a few weeks after purchasing, I started learning about all of these other features that the higher trim models had that my dealer either didn't know about, or didn't care to divulge to me. After seeing ALL of the other little things that an SX has that the S doesn't, I would have definitely bought an SX if I had to do it all over again.

Good luck to you!
Hi. I have deposit on an S now. What are the features that would make the higher trim worth it? I could probably switch my deposit.๐Ÿ˜€

Hi. I have deposit on an S now. What are the features that would make the higher trim worth it? I could probably switch my deposit.๐Ÿ˜€
We came from the S to the SX Prestige. There are more power options, heated/ventilated seats, power liftgate, power folding/heated mirrors, led headlights and taillights. And more. We loved the S but there were some things I regretted immediately not having. My biggest peeve was the lower bumper taillights. I hated them. I tried and tried to get past it, but couldn't. It was not my only reason, but the catalyst for me to find more reasons. Its all personal preference. Some people could care less, the vehicle is amazing at every trim level, I just knew we were going to have this car for years and years and didn't want to do without some of the creature comforts our Odyssey had that the lower trims didn't. In context, we bought our S and SXP at MSRP and got a ridiculous amount for trade in, so the jump up trims was minimal in monthly payments. Now my inner car owner spirit is in nirvana, the loaded model covers everything I wanted and never thought I would want. Just research a little more and make the best decision for yourself financially first, then comfort and features