Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

My Phone gets hot from wireless charging

I noticed my phone gets really hot after using the wireless charging. Who else has this issue?

I just picked up a new 10x or whatever the latest iPhone is ( the top model ) and it works fine, no heat issues.

I do keep a few dollars, random receipts between the phone and the charger but it still charges just fine.

No issues with heat with my iphone here either

trstoli

Mine gets extremely hot. Has even shut the phone down because of overheating. It's in the shop being repaired (someone backed into me in a parking lot). I'm having them look into the overheating while it's there. Will keep you posted on what I find out!

I noticed my phone gets really hot after using the wireless charging. Who else has this issue?
I got my car yesterday and I felt the same, my iPhone Xs was also got very hot after couple of minutes charging. Not sure if this is phone or car charger.

Agreed, mine gets hot and I don't feel like it charges very fast. Did anyone see the specs on it? What should we expect to see?

OP
gabihodzic10
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for confirming @arcTelly and @Boomer113, I've been just using the cable lately, charges much faster and doesn't get hot.

Mine gets very warm, even in my home wireless charger.
I suspect is has to do with the protective case.

Cam3n

To those that have hot phones... It's the phone, not the charger. The wireless charger simply powers the charge circuit in your phone. If your battery is getting hot it's because the battery is old and has built up a higher internal resistance.

To those that have hot phones... It's the phone, not the charger. The wireless charger simply powers the charge circuit in your phone. If your battery is getting hot it's because the battery is old and has built up a higher internal resistance.
My phone is New and it got very warm in the case it’s not an old battery issue there is an issue IPhone 12 max

Jmc

I also have a new phone and it gets VERY hot during charging. Anyone have any update on this?