Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Navigation does not work

My navigational system just says " no information on location". I have a 2020 and the navigation used to work perfect, then about a week ago quit working. What's with that and is there an easy fix?

LMZ

I've tried to use my navigation system several times in the past couple of weeks. It isn't working. My dealership tried the Reset button but that didn't work either. Any fixes?
I had a software update in December. Would this have anything to do with the nav system not working?

Don Roszel

I'm having the same problem. Says no suggestions when I type in my home address. While sitting in my driveway. Thank leave for Apple's CarPlay!!!

The same thing happened to me last month. The system worked for addresses that I initially inputted. But all new addresses that I've inputted result in no informtion on location. Do I take it to the dealer? I believe I still have a warranty.

annieme

I bought my 2020 Telluride used from the dealer. Navigation system worked fine at first and then it quit working. I called the dealer and was told that others had the same problem and Kia knew about it and was working on it. The clown at the dealership also said "everyone has a smart phone so you can just use that.". I called the dealer yesterday as several months have passed. I was told that a new Telluride comes with a year of free service and then you have to pay for it at $200/yr. I was livid as I was not told this when I bought the vehicle. I got in touch with Kia and they emailed me promptly. They confirmed the annual subscription. They said it was on the window sticker but seeing as mine was used there was no sticker. They did tell me that I needed a software update and that my vehicle was 3 updates behind according to their records. They gave me all the info to get the latest update and how to install it. They said it would take care of my issue. I will be able to navigate offline which means I need to input an exact address instead of something vague such as gas station, restaurant, etc. This update only pertains to the navigation. If you want the other features such as remote start, etc then you have to subscribe. I only care about the navigation and plan on installing the update in the next few days. Hope this info helps others out.

dfswarren

I bought my 2020 Telluride used from the dealer. Navigation system worked fine at first and then it quit working. I called the dealer and was told that others had the same problem and Kia knew about it and was working on it. The clown at the dealership also said "everyone has a smart phone so you can just use that.". I called the dealer yesterday as several months have passed. I was told that a new Telluride comes with a year of free service and then you have to pay for it at $200/yr. I was livid as I was not told this when I bought the vehicle. I got in touch with Kia and they emailed me promptly. They confirmed the annual subscription. They said it was on the window sticker but seeing as mine was used there was no sticker. They did tell me that I needed a software update and that my vehicle was 3 updates behind according to their records. They gave me all the info to get the latest update and how to install it. They said it would take care of my issue. I will be able to navigate offline which means I need to input an exact address instead of something vague such as gas station, restaurant, etc. This update only pertains to the navigation. If you want the other features such as remote start, etc then you have to subscribe. I only care about the navigation and plan on installing the update in the next few days. Hope this info helps others out.

Can you share the information to get the latest update?

annieme

Here is the info from the email I received. I have not done this yet so I can't confirm that it works. If anyone tries this, let us know how it went. I will do likewise when I do.

Please follow these instructions to download the latest software update for your vehicle. You will first need to ensure that you have the Navigation Updater installed on your computer. To do this, visit www.update.kia.com and click on the link called Navigation Updates. Once on that page, you will select the correct version for your computer (Mac or PC), and follow the instructions in the installation wizard. Once you have that done:
1. Open the Navigation Updater and log in using your Kia account (the same credentials used on owners.kia.com or your Kia Access app) or log in as a guest.
2. If you logged in using your Kia account, your vehicle should automatically be registered. This screen will also give you the option of choosing where the file is downloaded, allow you to change the vehicle if needed, and then allow you to start the download.
3. When you choose where you would like the download to be saved, note that if you save it to a hard-disk, you will need to copy that file to an SD card or USB device in order to install the update.
4. Once completed, it's time to install the update in your vehicle. To do this, please ensure your vehicle is running, and do not remove the device until the update is completely finished. To see detailed instructions on how to install for your vehicle, check https://update.kia.com/US/EN/updateGuide/03