Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New UVO Fees

25Mar1919

I was among the 1st in town to buy a Telluride (after waiting months for them to begin arriving), so I just received the dreaded info regarding UVO fees. My "complimentary trial" of the "Ultimate" pkg will end in a month. According to the e-mail:

the "Lite" pkg will be free for 5 years: My Trips, 911 Connect, Maintenance Alert & Remote Charge;

the "Care" pkg includes the Lite pkg, but for $9.99/mo or $99/yr includes: Curfew Alert, Vehicle Alarm Alert & Roadside Assistance;

the "Plus" pkg includes the others, but for $22.50/mo or $225/yr includes: Care Pkg, Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Climate (which is how you do remote start) & Find My Car;

the "Ultimate" pkg (free trial for 1st yr of ownership) includes the others, but for $29.79/mo or $297/yr adds Home-to-Car (Alexa & Google) & My POLs

Each pkg includes what they refer to as "And more!". I don't know what all of the mentioned features are, & there are lots of footnotes. I mostly want: Remote Start (via climate control), Remote Alarm & Remote Door Lock/Unlock, which would require the Plus Pkg subscription.

Spoonride

Mine is due to arrive beginning of April(ordered in October) This might have just changed my mind...really need remote start but not for a monthly fee

kao

Boycott the fee packages and let them expire. I did that with XM Satellite radio, let the free trial expire and they begged me back for $1.88 per month subscription fee.

Ampedup8

Mine is due to arrive beginning of April(ordered in October) This might have just changed my mind...really need remote start but not for a monthly fee
How long did the dealer tell you the wait would be for an order. I just ordered last week and they told me 12-14 weeks. Now I’m concerned.

dropmmm

I just had mine a little over 2yrs and just got an anniversary email from KIA. They were offering 50% off

-$36.00Yr pay annually for Care Package

- $90.00Yr pay annually for the Plus( this one has the remote start/stop)

-$120.00 pay annually for the Ultimate

None of these are worth it to me. I will hold out Dealer told me it was a year also!:mad: When I did have it for a year it would work intermittently. FWIW a New Palisades owner gets 3 yrs free! I would prob get a Viper smart start they are fairly inexpensive and they have plans but you can save if you buy 3 yrs prepaid. I had them in other cars worked flawless and never any issues with it.

This has to be one of those very rare moments when Canadian owners get a better deal than their Stateside counterparts. Here we get a free five year UVO package. And my experience over the past year tells me that's about what it's worth. It is painfully slow. They push out updates that require signing off on policies and procedures, but the app is so poorly designed that many of us physically can't scroll to the area of the document in which we're supposed to accept the terms. The remote door lock is about the only feature I ever use, on those rare occasions when I forget to lock the vehicle after i've left it in my garage... and then wait for nearly 5 minutes for the action to complete through the app. I'll take my five free years, but I highly doubt if I'll pay to extend the package beyond that, not unless they make some significant progress on it's performance speed, and address things like enabling seat warmers on remote start, and remote start without all the lighting theatrics that advertise to thieves.... hey, bust my window because I've been started remotely and the owner is nowhere in sight!

Kraaazzy

This has to be one of those very rare moments when Canadian owners get a better deal than their Stateside counterparts. Here we get a free five year UVO package. And my experience over the past year tells me that's about what it's worth. It is painfully slow. They push out updates that require signing off on policies and procedures, but the app is so poorly designed that many of us physically can't scroll to the area of the document in which we're supposed to accept the terms. The remote door lock is about the only feature I ever use, on those rare occasions when I forget to lock the vehicle after i've left it in my garage... and then wait for nearly 5 minutes for the action to complete through the app. I'll take my five free years, but I highly doubt if I'll pay to extend the package beyond that, not unless they make some significant progress on it's performance speed, and address things like enabling seat warmers on remote start, and remote start without all the lighting theatrics that advertise to thieves.... hey, bust my window because I've been started remotely and the owner is nowhere in sight!
Check this out, ensure your settings are configured:

Some errors are between the key fob and the Telluride. 😂

Also, are you using wifi during these “delayed“ reactions? 💡

Check this out, ensure your settings are configured:
Some errors are between the key fob and the Telluride. 😂
Also, are you using wifi during these “delayed“ reactions? 💡
Thank you for the reply.

Interesting video, and it should be of interest to those who haven't spent the time to go through their owner manual and spend a few hours working through the vehcile set up and configuration options. But that's not me.

I personally already have those features enabled (I'm a retired IT Manager, so I've invested a few hours and gone through every little bit of that infotainment system menu and feature hierachy during my first few days of ownership). I call it being dilligent. My wife calls it anal rententive; but I also know she'll never read the manual or spend the time to learn the systems for herself. lol

Let me talk about the keyfob first, because that's both the odd but also quick one to describe. I don't know why, but it's fussy about me being close to the driver's door to unlock the vehicle, but it never seems to have a problem when I'm opening the rear lift gate. Maybe there's another sensor to recieve signal buried in the rear door somewhere. But no big deal, I know what it likes and what it does't, so it's good. It also suggests that the signal doesn't travel very far, which means its more difficult for theives using communication capture devices to grab my unlock and start codes and clone them once they see I've left the vehicle.

But I think you may have misunderstood my issue with the seat heating.

Yes, when it's cold outside, and I'm physically in the vehicle and start it, my steering wheel and seats heaters automatically deploy. Ditto for the seal cooling in the summer. Those are really nice features. And thankfully, that annoying auto engine shut off feature kills itself when its brutally cold outside as well. But back to the seat and steering wheel heaters. They do not get enabled in a remote start scenario. The seat heaters being enabled during remote start would be a godsend when it's brutally cold outside, the steering wheel pre-heat would be a nice to have but lesser critical feature. I suspect part of the challenge is how to figure out which of the seats to preheat.... driver only, or a user selectable feature as part of the remote start up? When the vehicle is occurpied, it appears to be using the seat loading sensors to ascertain which to enable, which makes sense, since for the front passenger seat, that would also determine if the airbag is active or not. Ah, how did I survive decades ago when none of these features existed in any vehicle? lol

The delayed reaction using UVO is the same whether I have wifi enabled on my phone or not. Unless I need to print something from my phone, my wifi is typically off, and based on that I think it would be fair to say that anytime I've accessed UVO, the wifi has been shut off on my phone Are you inferring that the UVO is utlliing IoT wifi protocols to communicate with the vehicle? I'm comparing performance and response to that seen with other manufacturer's systems, and in that regard, UVO is definately the tortoise to GM or Ford's hare. Maybe it's differences in technology and protocols utilized, or maybe its infrastructure related, or both. All I know is that it's horribly show to respond to anything coming from the UVO app.

As for the light show (as I refer to it) that gets enabled when the remote start is enabled, that's not only a thief magnet, but it's also a bloody annoyance to my neighbours, or occuapants of a hotel when I'm travelling. Imagine having that nonsense going on in the parking lot outside your room when I fire up my vehicle to leave at 5 in the morning. A simple light flash sequence to confirm the vehicle has successfully started would be more than adequate. It doesn't need to be continuous light flashing that continues the entire time the vehicle is running.

Those are some features that I'm hoping get dealt with in future upgrades of the Infotainment System firmware and software, along with a user controllable auto engine shutoff feature. This should be a feature I can choose to have start in either the enabled or disabled mode. I shouldn't be forced to have to manually turn it off every time I start the vehicle. When you're in heavy stop and go traffic, it's a royal PITA, and makes the driver experience less than stellar.

Don't get me wrong. I love my Telluride. But with a few modest improvements, I'd love it even more. Every vehicle has its quirks, but the real difference in the owner experience is when the manufacturer takes to heart the feedback they get from their customers.