Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

noise after starting

ksilos88

I just purchased my telluride about a week ago and today it started making a noise after starting. It comes from inside the vehicle and the best way that I know how to describe it is that it sounds like a toy space gun :LOL: does anyone have any idea what this noise may mean. The first time it only made the noise one time and then another time it made the noise four times.

Captain Kirk will spontaneously appear in the passenger seat, with Spock ridding in row two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased my telluride about a week ago and today it started making a noise after starting. It comes from inside the vehicle and the best way that I know how to describe it is that it sounds like a toy space gun :LOL: does anyone have any idea what this noise may mean. The first time it only made the noise one time and then another time it made the noise four times.
I never heard such sound. Record it and post it to the forum. Maybe we can identify it after we hear it.

jx2adams

I have been trying to figure this out too! It has been driving me crazy. It doesn't happen every time. I think the only time it happens is when the safety notice shows up in the infotainment system. Mine is making the noise over 10 times in a row now...

jx2adams

Im not sure. When I turn off the car and restart it, the sound doesn't come back, but neither does the message on the screen. I am not sure how to make the message come back on.

Im not sure. When I turn off the car and restart it, the sound doesn't come back, but neither does the message on the screen. I am not sure how to make the message come back on.
I don't get that sound in my EX. See if there is something attached to the OBD port under your steering wheel. Nothing should be plugged into it.

jx2adams

I don't get that sound in my EX. See if there is something attached to the OBD port under your steering wheel. Nothing should be plugged into it.
I checked that last night and there wasn't anything there.. I am going to take it to the dealership next week to see whats going on.

That's so odd...almost sounds like an anti theft alarm.

jx2adams

That's so odd...almost sounds like an anti theft alarm.
Yeah its so weird. It will make that noise about 10 times and then stop. Everything else is working normal. Its just super annoying because I cannot find anything to tell me what it is..

jx2adams

Ok, so I took it to my local dealership today.(I purchased it from a dealership 120 miles away) Apparently, the dealership I purchased it from put on a tracking device on it and that is what caused it. My local dealership told me what it was but could not remove it because the other dealership put it on. I called the one I bought it from, and they were able to deactivate it. All is good now.

It should be illegal for a dealer to add anything to a car without written authority.

Local dealers here (not kia) force you to take a car with PULSE brake lights. I don’t appreciate them splicing a device I don’t want into the vehicle wiring. This stupid play on their part lost them a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk