Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Not All Tellurides Have the Same Engine

TellyLX

.... Or so it seems.
I have a 2021, and the Owners Manual shows oil capacity as 6.87 US qt. (6.5 l).
But according to the 2023 Manual it's 7.08 US qt. ( (6.7 L).
There are a number of other differences as well, including when to check oil level (5 minutes after shutting off engine vs. 15 minutes), and maintenance times/mileage.
If it's the same engine, why the different spec's for different model years?🤔

This is an interesting observation. I have a 2024 Telluride 3.8 V6 Lambda - G6DN (3.8L Lambda II GDi with Atkinson cycle) which looks like it is the same engine code that's been in it since the Telluride and Palisades were released. My 2024 Owner Manual indicates the same specs for the 2023 you listed. Interesting how the spec have changed but the engine model designation does not appear to have changed which if it had, would indicate a newer version of the engine.

.... Or so it seems.
I have a 2021, and the Owners Manual shows oil capacity as 6.87 US qt. (6.5 l).
But according to the 2023 Manual it's 7.08 US qt. ( (6.7 L).
There are a number of other differences as well, including when to check oil level (5 minutes after shutting off engine vs. 15 minutes), and maintenance times/mileage.
If it's the same engine, why the different spec's for different model years?
Very likely a different/redesign to the oil filter or oil pan. Either could explain the slight difference.

OP
TellyLX

TellyLX

Thread Starter #5