Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

One year maintenance included with the Telluride???

kandbandm

We picked up our ebony black Telluride SX 5 days ago. We had some issues of lying from the salesperson (said only the first oil change covered and then told us we could get 1.9% apr financing AND $1K rebate, but tried to change that when we went to pick it up). Anyhow, we got that straightened up and I know the sticker from the car says "one year maintenance" as included in the sticker price. Anyone know what is included? We are going to bring the car to another dealer to get any service on it. Thank you.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Was it a dealer maintenance add-on or a Kia Service agreement? If it's one year I would assume it's a dealer add-on, which means the service will only work at the purchasing dealer location.

I would call kia consumer support to confirm if you have a maintenance plan tied to your vin.

OP
K

kandbandm

Thread Starter #3
Was it a dealer maintenance add-on or a Kia Service agreement? If it's one year I would assume it's a dealer add-on, which means the service will only work at the purchasing dealer location.

I would call kia consumer support to confirm if you have a maintenance plan tied to your vin.
OK, thank you. No, it was NOT an add on, just noticed it on the sticker and it says check the kia owners manual. Just haven't read the manual yet but need to.

OP
K

kandbandm

Thread Starter #4
I am just looking at the sticker and it has a "pointer" that says UVO link and then says "includes 1 year service; see owners.kia.com for details". Maybe they are talking about the items above this statement? Not sure but I will look at the manual. We did not buy any extra service plan.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I am just looking at the sticker and it has a "pointer" that says UVO link and then says "includes 1 year service; see owners.kia.com for details". Maybe they are talking about the items above this statement? Not sure but I will look at the manual. We did not buy any extra service plan.
Yes you get 1 year of UVO service. UVO is a vehicle connected service like on star for gm or uconnect for Fiat-Chrysler. UVO is not maintenance service.

Call or email kia consumer affairs and complain. I guarante they will give you 3 years free premium Maintance package.

Some dealers will give you a first oil change for free but the maintenance is something you'll need to purchase extra