Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Order unit

Hello all! My first post in here. I have been getting some mixed answers about allocation, order process and order time , etc. My first ever from Kia. I just placed my order today for an sx-p awd. My dealer doesn’t know when I can get it and estimate given 6-8 mo. When should or can I expect the vin and how long does it take now to build these once they are ordered? Thanks in advance.

tobyringle

Welcome! 6-8 months seems to be typical for custom orders. Seems crazy. It’s my understanding VINS aren’t produced until near or mid production of the vehicle. Until then, Dealers are pretty much in the dark.

Hello all! My first post in here. I have been getting some mixed answers about allocation, order process and order time , etc. My first ever from Kia. I just placed my order today for an sx-p awd. My dealer doesn’t know when I can get it and estimate given 6-8 mo. When should or can I expect the vin and how long does it take now to build these once they are ordered? Thanks in advance.
I think the mixed answers may be due to the fact that the process varies by dealership.(Not to mention model, package and features ordered)
I ordered my SX-P AWD on 7/27/19 and never received a vin. I was sent a text alerting me to a delivery date of 1/20, in late December, and took possession on 1/18/20. I have never been more in love with a car though. It was well worth the wait IMO :love: