Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Orlando, FL Telluride Markups on 2022

Anyone else experienced this?

• Total voters
Tried to find a 2022 Telluride in the Orlando area, was told multiple times, 1) they won’t order one for you; 2) the markup ranges $6,000 to $12,000 over MSRP depending on trim level; 3) you can put a deposit down on a “Wait List”, no guarantee when and if one will become available, but in the meantime Kia has your money, and 4) you won’t find a dealership that doesn’t markup at this time. RUN don’t walk away fast - learned the hard way that Orlando dealerships are fueling a buying frenzy! Contacted a dealership in Minnesota, the #1 one in the state and was told a) they will order and ship a new 2022 Telluride to you, b) they don’t believe or charge a markup, what you see on the window sticker is the price and finally c) they sometimes have stock on hand! SO hopped a direct flight to Minneapolis for $250, test drove a 2022 SX at list, bought the car immediately and caught a flight back the same day. Car will be shipped for $750 to my door completely registered, tagged and plated for Florida (yup they handle FL motor vehicle in MN) and had the best experience ever at a dealership. You might say I paid a $1,000 markup (cost of flight and shipping), nope, I didn’t pay the Florida documentation fee of $1,000 because I purchased the vehicle in Minnesota! To me, it was a win / win.

Tried to find a 2022 Telluride in the Orlando area, was told multiple times, 1) they won’t order one for you; 2) the markup ranges $6,000 to $12,000 over MSRP depending on trim level; 3) you can put a deposit down on a “Wait List”, no guarantee when and if one will become available, but in the meantime Kia has your money, and 4) you won’t find a dealership that doesn’t markup at this time. RUN don’t walk away fast - learned the hard way that Orlando dealerships are fueling a buying frenzy! Contacted a dealership in Minnesota, the #1 one in the state and was told a) they will order and ship a new 2022 Telluride to you, b) they don’t believe or charge a markup, what you see on the window sticker is the price and finally c) they sometimes have stock on hand! SO hopped a direct flight to Minneapolis for $250, test drove a 2022 SX at list, bought the car immediately and caught a flight back the same day. Car will be shipped for $750 to my door completely registered, tagged and plated for Florida (yup they handle FL motor vehicle in MN) and had the best experience ever at a dealership. You might say I paid a $1,000 markup (cost of flight and shipping), nope, I didn’t pay the Florida documentation fee of $1,000 because I purchased the vehicle in Minnesota! To me, it was a win / win.
Hello. What was the name of the MN dealership? Thanks in advance.

Bolt0246

i25 KIA in Colorado will order a Telluride at MSRP. I just ordred one, they told me to expect it in 4 to 5 months. They will pick you up at the airport when you fly in to get your car or ship it to you. They are getting a lot of business from the states that are marking up their prices. Jerry seiner KIA in Utah also would do MSRP but they gave me a wait time of 10 to 12 months

Here in Texas dealers in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio are all $10K + over MSRP while in the DFW area you can find a couple of dealers selling at MSRP. The Fort Worth dealer allowed me to order a car while the Plano dealer would not sell if you lived more than 100 miles away

Bolt0246

You were rewarded for doing your research. Las Vegas is the same way, all 3 Kia dealers in Vegas are price gouging. I ordered a 2022 SX Telluride from i25 Kia in Longmount CO at MSRP. I had to wait 4 months, (should arrive at the dealer in 2 weeks) but absolutely no games. When the car arrives we are going to fly to Denver, the dealer will arrange a ride for us from the airport. The will ship it back for us if we want but we are planning on making a road trip out of it. Not all Kia dealers are the same. It's worth your time to shop around

Supply and demand I was lucky to walk in and find my SX again it was marked up but WTF 😳 I bought it with trade in it cost them more than me 😂

voxel

Supply and demand I was lucky to walk in and find my SX again it was marked up but WTF 😳 I bought it with trade in it cost them more than me 😂
Also in Orlando and the markups in this area are insane. $10K to $15K. I ordered from a South Florida dealer and am paying only a $500 markup. Friendly Kia in NPR has $4K total markup ($2K if you live in the area) and can get most trims within 6-90 days.

Azle64

Your Advocate Alliance (YAA) over on Youtube, everyone should go over ther and look at their most recent video (car dealerships are crumbling). There is legistration going on about all these markup's "that don't add falue". There is also a link for public comment. As a group it woud show support for the legistration to rid us of the shifty dealers! I am in no way affiliated with them by the way, just a research junky!

Azle64

Just bought mine from premier Kia in Bradford ct no markup and everyone there was fantastic. Another dealer that was closer to me makes up $5000. It pays to shop