Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Question for anyone that has placed an order for the Telluride.....

NOTICE TO BUYERS WITH ORDERS: After waiting more than 2 months, Kia told my dealer today they CANNOT HONOR my order for the white SX Prestige AWD/tow gray Nappa and to return my deposit. Dealer confirmed Kia still has trouble getting gray Nappa BUT ALSO has other issues with the configuration (he mentioned AWD). We placed order March 30 and were initially told 30 days, then a week later Kia tells our dealer it will be 60-90 days and dealer even agreed to honor the incentives even if Kia would not. Checked in w/dealer two weeks ago and was told it should arrive the first week of June. So checked in yesterday and this is the result. We are extremely upset and are demanding Kia honor our order to the extent possible and to advise what colors/options Kia can deliver in the SX Prestige, as we can do without AWD/tow and would entertain other colors. If anyone has received an SX with Prestige and/or AWD, please let me know what colors/options and date of order. I am at a loss as to how Kia can advertise this, take our order/deposit, and not tell us for 2 months they cannot fulfill our order. Any relevant info is helpful.

gmneil

just got the call from my dealer, ordered the very end of march , ebony black with black interior SXP , AWD, with towing added not the towing package also threw on the illuminated scuff plates, dealer just got a delivery date from kia of 6/28. we will see how close it is to that actual date fingers crossed..

just got the call from my dealer, ordered the very end of march , ebony black with black interior SXP , AWD, with towing added not the towing package also threw on the illuminated scuff plates, dealer just got a delivery date from kia of 6/28. we will see how close it is to that actual date fingers crossed..

I have ordered Moss/Dune SXP AWD on April 5th, no VIN, no news, no ETA yet.

gwyn

We placed order March 30 and were initially told 30 days, then a week later Kia tells our dealer it will be 60-90 days and dealer even agreed to honor the incentives even if Kia would not.
They did not take an order, but they put you on a queue. They assumed they would get one that was a close match to your order some time in the next 30 days. When that did not happen, they assumed 90 days. When that failed and they figured it was too late to order from the factory, they canceled your order. I know two dealers locally that where doing the same thing. They would take an "order" then just look for the first one off the truck that was close to what you ordered. I even got a call back when it arrived seeing if I wanted to pay 5 k over msrp for it.

I would call kia, complain, and then prepare for a long wait until December/January.

OP
H
Thread Starter #48
Just got a text from my SA....It is suppose to be here on 6.23 (61 days after we placed our order)!!

VIN number tracking? Does anyone have a web link to check on when delivery estate date for their telluride. I just got my VIN, I'm wanting to track it if possible

OP
H
Thread Starter #51
NOTICE TO BUYERS WITH ORDERS: After waiting more than 2 months, Kia told my dealer today they CANNOT HONOR my order for the white SX Prestige AWD/tow gray Nappa and to return my deposit. Dealer confirmed Kia still has trouble getting gray Nappa BUT ALSO has other issues with the configuration (he mentioned AWD).
Interesting, I want the S model AWD but I noticed the lots keep getting FWD. I just assumed more people wanted FWD. Thanks for the information !

Interesting, I want the S model AWD but I noticed the lots keep getting FWD. I just assumed more people wanted FWD. Thanks for the information !
From what I've read from other posts, AWD appears to be available, at least on certain trims. My dealer in Louisiana said it has an issue ordering certain SXs without AWD - something about AWD being tied to SX trim on Kia's online dealer ordering platform. I told him Kia's consumer site clearly has AWD as a separate option when selecting SX. I'm not sure what the deal is.

ucinn

Staff Member
Yes, AWD is an option on all models. So SX without AWD is a possibility and they should be able to order it right away. The only one they can't order is the SX Prestige

I saw the Palisade at the NYC Auto Show.

Looks good, but I'm not a fan of the center console design - Telluride console works so much better for me (as does the exterior, too).

I placed the order 3/21 for moss green SX prestige. Dealer says could be more couple of months at the worst.
This is what I own and I absolutely love it. The color is certainly gorgeous. I get stopped almost everyday.

MiQ

I just placed an order on 6/22/19. The dealership told me the the S model, black exterior, gray interior AWD, would be here quicker than any other, but still the average time was 2-4 months, but that they usually see it in 2 months. Now I am not so sure. I do not have any type of package on mine, but they put in for carpeted rugs for the S model.

vcdupape

I was wondering when you ordered / What was the lead time / Did you received anything from Kia (Vin#)??
We placed our order on 4.22.19 (S model - 7 passenger, interior light kit), I check with the dealer last week and he had no info...Originally he said 6-8 weeks.
Placed my order 5/20. Received VIN yesterday. Car expected 7/30.