Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Question for anyone that has placed an order for the Telluride.....

I have ordered Moss/Dune SXP AWD on April 5th, no VIN, no news, no ETA yet.
I ordered the same car on 4/12. Also no news or expected delivery date as of this morning 7/15. I sure hope the wait is worth it, because I'm getting frustrated after being quoted 6-8 weeks!!

gnaledge

Ordered EX with Towing Package 6/15 and had a delivery date of 9/11 but my order was put in as part of a "dealer allocation" and I was told that would get mine here faster. On Thursday I checked Kia's local dealer inventory and got lucky and found exactly what we ordered at another local dealer. This won't help anyone that has an SX + Prestige on order but for anyone else, it doesn't take very long to check and you could possibly get one sooner. The dealer I had originally ordered from was great and is issuing me a refund for what I put down on the one we ordered. My guess is they won't have a hard time selling it when it comes in!

gmneil

ordered end of march, just go the call that I can pick it up tomorrow finally .. sxp awd with towing hitch

After 3.5 months and Kia failing to meet 3 ETAs (and after I changed my order to non-Prestige SX after which they failed to meet the 7/7 ETA) and finally with Kia not giving ANY ETA whatsoever last week, I canceled my Telli order and now have a top of the line Pallisade Limited with exactly what colors I want (white/beige) with VIN en Route for 8/12. It’s sad and frankly RIDICULOUS that Kia is so incompetent and has failed to communicate with its customers much less produce the vehicle I ordered almost 4 months ago, all while churning out thousands of vehicles to dealers which are not on order. I truly wish all of you the best and know others have been luckier than I. On the plus side, I really like the Pallisade a lot more than I thought and got everything I want in it. While I still prefer the look of the Telli, that sure as hell doesn’t help when you can’t get one! Lol. Godspeed y’all!

ucinn

Staff Member
After 3.5 months and Kia failing to meet 3 ETAs (and after I changed my order to non-Prestige SX after which they failed to meet the 7/7 ETA) and finally with Kia not giving ANY ETA whatsoever last week, I canceled my Telli order and now have a top of the line Pallisade Limited with exactly what colors I want (white/beige) with VIN en Route for 8/12. It’s sad and frankly RIDICULOUS that Kia is so incompetent and has failed to communicate with its customers much less produce the vehicle I ordered almost 4 months ago, all while churning out thousands of vehicles to dealers which are not on order. I truly wish all of you the best and know others have been luckier than I. On the plus side, I really like the Pallisade a lot more than I thought and got everything I want in it. While I still prefer the look of the Telli, that sure as hell doesn’t help when you can’t get one! Lol. Godspeed y’all!
Some of us are in a better position than others as far as waiting. I will wait for the Telluride as I really don't need it, just want it. We have a perfectly good performing Sorento that we have and don't need to replace. If I couldn't get a Telluride, I probably wouldn't change from the Sorento. For me the front end of the Palisade is just too ugly for me to have to look at every day, but of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hope you enjoy it and congrats.

ucinn

Staff Member
Well, we may be joining the ranks of Telluride owners tonight. Just got the call from the dealer that our dark moss/black SXP is here. Now the Shenanigans begin.!!

I was wondering when you ordered / What was the lead time / Did you received anything from Kia (Vin#)??
We placed our order on 4.22.19 (S model - 7 passenger, interior light kit), I check with the dealer last week and he had no info...Originally he said 6-8 weeks.
Placed my order on march 13th for a black moss sx prestige package and finally got it n may 13th (60 days exact)
Hope this Helps. They will keep telling u ots coming or its on its way or its on the truck coming to us but don’t believe any of that poop 💩 until u get a vin number. Soon as i had a vin i was told to come down that same day for pick up.

MiQ

Well...I was told 2 to 4 months for my vehicle that I ordered June 24th but I received it 1 month and 7 days, July 31st. I was definitely surprised!! It was a S, nothing special, grey interior and captains chairs.

Well...I was told 2 to 4 months for my vehicle that I ordered June 24th but I received it 1 month and 7 days, July 31st. I was definitely surprised!! It was a S, nothing special, grey interior and captains chairs.
Have you tried searching on cars.com? I still see tons of S out there.

MiQ

I have my Telluride now. It arrived July 31st. And there may be tons of S out there, but the only ones in my area had a black interior and I did not want black; so I ordered one with a grey interior. And I notice that a lot of times, even if the Telluridesare advertised, they may have already been sold and they just put them up on the website to get customers out. That is how I ended up having mine ordered.

roberide

Well, we may be joining the ranks of Telluride owners tonight. Just got the call from the dealer that our dark moss/black SXP is here. Now the Shenanigans begin.!!
Could you remind us what your order date was please?

Order placed on July 27th. SXP with AWD and self leveling rear suspension / tow hitch. Was quoted 14-16 wks.

My SXP/AWD/Tow...Black on black... ordered April...recently was notified...it MAY be in by the end of AUG... I will feel more confident once they send me the VIN. I have a 2 day appointment for it with a local detailer so he can Ceramic coat it and then plasti-koat some of the chrome... lettering etc. I had called Irvine CA and they thought it should not have been more than 6-8 weeks. I laughed so hard...almost wet myself. Even their KIA HQ had no clue. :rolleyes:

Has anyone received an "ID" for their order? I got a text from my dealer today stating they received an "ID" for my Telluride. WA008190728J001. They said it depicts the State//Purchase date/J001 which they had no clue on. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Mary N

Has anyone received an "ID" for their order? I got a text from my dealer today stating they received an "ID" for my Telluride. WA008190728J001. They said it depicts the State//Purchase date/J001 which they had no clue on. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Mind sharing what date you ordered yours and the date you got the "ID" for the order? Was it the date of order?