Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rear passenger window shattered spontaneously

Kh1031

Please watch the video!! Is anyone else having this issue? My family & I stopped at the gas station, went in for a restroom break & came back out to a shattered window. The car is empty & no one is around. Of course our first thought was, someone had to have done this. Luckily the store surveillance camera caught everything. The temperature outside is 77 degrees & light rain. Completely unexplainable. Will be calling Kia first thing in the morning for some solutions hopefully. I have read some others having it happen also but not seeing any answers from Kia.

Attachments

I am convinced that my rear window shattered for no reason. At first I assumed I must not have opened the garage door and backed into it. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized how incredibly unlikely that was.

Chipper

The driver's side middle row window exploded on my 2022 Telluride on July 8, 2023. Spontaneous; nothing impacted it. Dealer replaced it on July 24 after waiting two weeks for the replacement parts. I requested filing a warranty claim but was told this was not covered under waranty. I paid for the repair myself but am following up with KIa Consumer Affairs to get satisfaction.

The driver's side middle row window exploded on my 2022 Telluride on July 8, 2023. Spontaneous; nothing impacted it. Dealer replaced it on July 24 after waiting two weeks for the replacement parts. I requested filing a warranty claim but was told this was not covered under waranty. I paid for the repair myself but am following up with KIa Consumer Affairs to get satisfaction.
I had same thing happen to me on my 2022 Telluride 2 days ago. Did you get any compensation for the window or repair?? Thx

We wonder how Kia provides so much vehicle at the price point, but based on my inferior interior trim experiences and stories like the exploding windows, I suspect they use lesser grade materials to save weight & cost.

I hope you all get reimbursed for your expenses.

Chipper

Kia Consumer Affairs did not satisfy me. Cost of repair was on me. Cost was less than my insurance deductible. Lawyer would cost me more also.