Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Remote start 2021 fob

Trevorpop

I have a 2021 w/ OEM fob and the remote starts only works Max around 50 feet away from the vehicle. Does anybody have any info on why it only works when one is very near the vehicle? The doors will lock/ unlock future away . But won’t remote start at that further distance ? Any info . Thanks

I wonder if the 21' FOB will work with the 20's haha.. did they really put the remote start on the FOB?

Kegman913

Someone please post here is you find the answer. Im about to go buy a replacement remote start systems that costs as much as 1 shitty year of uvolink

I have a 2021 w/ OEM fob and the remote starts only works Max around 50 feet away from the vehicle. Does anybody have any info on why it only works when one is very near the vehicle? The doors will lock/ unlock future away . But won’t remote start at that further distance ? Any info . Thanks
The battery may be low. I can lock/unlock more than 100-200’ away, but it has to be line of sight. Try using the other fob to see if range improves.

RgrDat

I recently bought a 2021 Telluride SX AWD w/ Prestige Package and my remote start on the key fob works from well over 50 feet. I would certainly check the batteries and if that doesn't help call the dealer.

Donnaw67

I am so angry about all this. Really Kia, step up your service to your customers! I refuse to pay the Uvo Link app price, the only thing I use on it is remote start. I have a 2020...

I am so angry about all this. Really Kia, step up your service to your customers! I refuse to pay the Uvo Link app price, the only thing I use on it is remote start. I have a 2020...
Have an aftermarket remote start installed, 300 dollars max. No reason to be so angry.