Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Remote start on key fob?

Awcdancer

We had 2016 and a 2014 cars with remote starts on the key fob. And we got a 2019 Dodge Ram that has a remote start on the key fob. All worked GREAT and were FREE. How in the world is this horribly slow UVO app OK? And then they think we will pay for it?? We have written the company and asked, for our $50,000 car, a key fob with remote. The app is just unacceptable! P.S. in lieu of that, who has bought something for the car for a remote start? That’s our next stop.

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
We had 2016 and a 2014 cars with remote starts on the key fob. And we got a 2019 Dodge Ram that has a remote start on the key fob. All worked GREAT and were FREE. How in the world is this horribly slow UVO app OK? And then they think we will pay for it?? We have written the company and asked, for our $50,000 car, a key fob with remote. The app is just unacceptable! P.S. in lieu of that, who has bought something for the car for a remote start? That’s our next stop.
Cartoys can install remote start and it be on key fiob.. not separate clicker. Try them

Not very convenient for us in IL - closest store in TX or CO...

More specifics on what they use...?

Willys

Interesting...
I start my ford pu with the fob all the time when I walk up to it as I have to have the key out in my hand to put in the lock to keep it running.
My wife on the other hand never pulls out her key for her ford as it is a push button start and the doors unlock on approach.
Question...does the UVO app require data on your phone to use...say if you were out and about and not hooked up to the internet? This could be a problem for us as we don’t have data on our phones and spend 3 months out of the year where there is no cellphone coverage.

OP
Awcdancer

Awcdancer

Thread Starter #6
That will definitely be a problem! I got a note from Kia saying the slowness is “very rare” (!) and blaming it basically on my internet connection. That’s ridiculous because it’s slow when I’m in my house using WiFi, so it’s just the technology. But to respond directly to your comment, Remote start will not work without internet.

UVO is slow. It wouldn't be so bad if the phone didn't have to pull information from the car before you can attempt the remote start. It's almost a 5 minute process though to start your car.

That will definitely be a problem! I got a note from Kia saying the slowness is “very rare” (!) and blaming it basically on my internet connection. That’s ridiculous because it’s slow when I’m in my house using WiFi, so it’s just the technology. But to respond directly to your comment, Remote start will not work without internet.
That is BS. The app is so seriously slow. I refuse to pay for the app. This is one of the reasons I will be getting rid of the Telluride as soon as the numbers workout.

Susan R.

Yes, I have the 2021 and am just going thru the features. I used the fob to start from outside the car, and I don't have UVO set up yet.

dropmmm

Anybody know if you buy a 2021 Key Fob and get it programmed will remote start a 2020?:unsure:

Neen Dean

There is a new remote start button on the 2021 fob. Doesn't require UVO. Haven't tried it yet.
So, what I'm reading in other terms, you're telling me after my 1 yr free uvo blah blah, my remote start will work without buying the uvo? That will be music to my ears if you say yes lol.

Kiadad1

Hi I know your frustration I bought a 2020 in August and the UV old link is garbage I will not renew want to have to start paying for it
Anyway I installed myself a box from a company called Accessorides.com
It’s the second time I use them and this is how it works they explain it all on their website but it uses the existing key that you have and once installed all you have to do is press the lock button three times in the car runs for approximately 15 minutes check it out I paid $326 and I install them myself I’m pretty mechanically inclined it wasn’t too hard to do even if you’re not good luck

There are two versions of that device; one that shuts the engine off when you open the door (so you restart upon entry) and another which overrides that aspect....which did you install?

Kiadad1

I installed the one without the override I didn’t think it was necessary for my side to install the two wires these vehicles are easy enough to start