Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Secret Engine Killer -LSPI- Low Speed Pre-Ignition - The Silent GDI engine Killer

The Silent GDI engine Killer

These videos explain causes, prevention, and mitigation procedures in order to keep your GDI engines running as best as possible.

• Shorter oil change intervals than regular port injection engines (every 3k miles at least).
  • Low detergent content engine oil.
  • Using good quality fuel (top tier gas).
  • High octane fuel.
  • Fuel injector cleaner additives.
  • Higher viscosity oil when using E85.

gwyn

Nice. Word salad and bad advice all in 4 videos for normal people. I get that it maybe good advice for sports cars and their audience, but there is a colossal difference between a custom produce hand crafted sports engine and the engine consumer cars. I agree with some of what they said. Change the oil often and top tier gas, but the rest is just bad advice. Follow the manual that is written by the people that built your engine and warranty it for 10 years, 100,000 miles.

Maybe follow these guys if you have a lot of money and can custom build your own engine.

Do not follow their break in ideas. They are doing it to custom engines that will only run for maybe 30,000 miles before being completely torn down. Nascar only uses 1 engine per race. They have a max lifespan of 10,000 miles.

Bottom line, follow the manual. It was written to get the maximum distance out of your car.

I’ll let the warranty department worry about all that jargon. I’ll be buying a new car in 1-3 years anyway.