Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Smart cruise control vs standard cruise operation.

Jmauchly

I've read the manual 3 times now and I still can't figure out how to disable the smart cruise option (HDA). There are times I don't want it braking as I approach a car! Anyone have the answer?

ucinn

Staff Member
After turning on the cruise, the car with the 3 lines.. press and hold that for about 3 seconds, it will ding at you and then you are in standard cruise control and then set your speed

OP
J

Jmauchly

Thread Starter #3
After turning on the cruise, the car with the 3 lines.. press and hold that for about 3 seconds, it will ding at you and then you are in standard cruise control and then set your speed
That is certainly what I read but I cannot get that to work, at least while I'm driving. It will change back and forth while parked. Am I missing something?

ucinn

Staff Member
Shouldn't matter if you are moving or not.

ucinn

Staff Member
If you have already set the speed in smart cruise before trying to change to standard, you have to turn the cruise back off and on again before trying to switch to standard.

OP
J

Jmauchly

Thread Starter #6
Just read the manual again and yes I see that you need to switch with the Cruise on but no speed set yet. Not real clearly written though. Thanks for your help!