Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride SX wait time

jazzyjb

update: was told 90 days originally.. it has been 65 days and my order has not been picked up for manufacturing. My dealer sent me a text stating once they seize 2022 production, my order will turn into a 2023 model if they haven't picked up my order by then. Wouldn't that take me to reordering it considering the new one has updated interior? I am tempted to just go ahead and switch to get ahead of the game, but not sure if that is the smart move. Anyone else heard anything about switching to the 2023?

Saddietaz

What trim and color is your order? I ordered an EX with Premium package last month. Initial quote for 3-6 months. Not sure if I'll be getting '23. Btw, I don't think the '23 model is ready for order.

update: was told 90 days originally.. it has been 65 days and my order has not been picked up for manufacturing. My dealer sent me a text stating once they seize 2022 production, my order will turn into a 2023 model if they haven't picked up my order by then. Wouldn't that take me to reordering it considering the new one has updated interior? I am tempted to just go ahead and switch to get ahead of the game, but not sure if that is the smart move. Anyone else heard anything about switching to the 2023?

voxel

I lucked out and took delivery today after only a 6 week wait for an SX P/NF. MSRP also.

I do think gas prices are slightly tempering demand also. I noticed the dealer lowering the used Telly prices significantly.

jazzyjb

What trim and color is your order? I ordered an EX with Premium package last month. Initial quote for 3-6 months. Not sure if I'll be getting '23. Btw, I don't think the '23 model is ready for order.
I got SX P - white with dune brown interior. If order isnt picked up by second week of June, it becomes a 2023.

Just ordered an SX Prestige about 10 days ago and was told that ot could be at the dealership in about 2 months. But as of yet mine has not reached the production process. How long does it usually take to make it to the production line once the order is put in? And how long from start to finish?

Just ordered an SX Prestige about 10 days ago and was told that ot could be at the dealership in about 2 months. But as of yet mine has not reached the production process. How long does it usually take to make it to the production line once the order is put in? And how long from start to finish?
Much depends on the dealer you are ordering from. They will be able to give you a better idea of when the car is available than anyone as much depends on how many cars they get each month.

Much depends on the dealer you are ordering from. They will be able to give you a better idea of when the car is available than anyone as much depends on how many cars they get each month.
My dealer told me that they were hoping to see me in April or May. But if my car isn’t even prediction yet t think I’ll be waiting longer. Just waiting as patiently as I can at this point.

My dealer told me that they were hoping to see me in April or May. But if my car isn’t even prediction yet t think I’ll be waiting longer. Just waiting as patiently as I can at this point.
FYI, I ordered my 2024 before the 2024 were in production.
Within 2 weeks my car had a VIN and within less than 6 weeks from when I ordered, my car was on the lot waiting for me to pick it up.

You just got lucky I think. But still it's good that they replace the model you ordered with the newer one if there is a huge delay, I never heard any other companies doing this.
Well, I ordered after they had stopped production on 2023s but before they'd started productions on 2024s. That's how I knew I was ordering a 2024.

But yes, if you have a car ordered and it's not built before the model year switch over, you'll get the new model year.

My point is that how long it takes your car to get picked up depends on the dealer and his allotment. But once picked up, it may not take long at all.