Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Video in motion?

Hey all I'm new here so im not sure if this was already discussed...
My current car is an Audi and I know for my car im able to use the front screen to play DVDs or Avi files via USB.

Are we able to on the Telluride? And if so is there a mod to get it to work even while driving?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Ive been searching too and cant find anything.

Someone in the kia telluride Facebook group was screen sharing his jail broken iPhone to his telluride screen live, playing movies and games. If you all want more info I’ll try and ask the guy for instructions, but I do remember him saying you would need a jail broken iPhone to do it.

You can probably do it will a jail broken pho
Someone in the kia telluride Facebook group was screen sharing his jail broken iPhone to his telluride screen live, playing movies and games. If you all want more info I’ll try and ask the guy for instructions, but I do remember him saying you would need a jail broken iPhone to do it.
You can with an app called CarBridge on jailbreak phone, you can run any app on Carplay and aren't limited to what's available by default.

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #7
What about android??
But does thé car allow dvd's ?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

RHA

I connected my hard drive on the USB Port and was able to watch HD movies on the telluride screen. Worked just fine when the car is parked - "P-mode". But cannot watch the same when the car is in motion "D-mode"

dkrlakdma

I connected my hard drive on the USB Port and was able to watch HD movies on the telluride screen. Worked just fine when the car is parked - "P-mode". But cannot watch the same when the car is in motion "D-mode"
Does it? Mine doesn't. :(
I have only USB Audio and no USB Video. I've tried .avi, .mp4, .mkv, and even .wmv, but none of them work.
I have 2021 SXP and received January 9, 2021. Did Kia change the software on 2021?

RHA

Does it? Mine doesn't. :(
I have only USB Audio and no USB Video. I've tried .avi, .mp4, .mkv, and even .wmv, but none of them work.
I have 2021 SXP and received January 9, 2021. Did Kia change the software on 2021?
I think not having the USB Video App in the kia telluride is the problem. Because i have it, i think i am able to play the videos. Just FYI, i connected a 500 GB hard drive in the USB port, which has several HD movies. Worked just fine. It can be possible that the USB Video option is not available in specific country specs. I have the GCC specs, which i bought in Dubai. And i have a 2020 top of the range model.

dkrlakdma

I think not having the USB Video App in the kia telluride is the problem. Because i have it, i think i am able to play the videos. Just FYI, i connected a 500 GB hard drive in the USB port, which has several HD movies. Worked just fine. It can be possible that the USB Video option is not available in specific country specs. I have the GCC specs, which i bought in Dubai. And i have a 2020 top of the range model.
Probably 'USB Video' App is not allowed in USA. However, I don't understand why since other cars have.
Anyway, now I am jealous. lol.

dkrlakdma