Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Video in motion?

RHA

Probably 'USB Video' App is not allowed in USA. However, I don't understand why since other cars have.
Anyway, now I am jealous. lol.
Hey guys - i recently upgraded my car infotainment system via the kia website (https://update.kia.com/US/EN/navigationUpdate). Since i bought my vehicle from middle east, i chose applicable region which is provided on top of the website page. Was a simple and easy step by step procedure. Downloaded the software updater on my pc - selected my car model - downloaded the software - copied it into usb - plugged it in the car - and it updated.

As per my research, everyone has their opinion about the update. Personally i am fine with it. I was just afraid whether i will get the USB video app in the upgrade or not. But luckily it was there. I was able to play the videos in my car while its in parking mode.

So if you guys want to try playing videos in your car - i think by downloading the middle east version of the infotainment system might give you the option of video playback. Try it out. If it is not working, you can always download the applicable region software and re-install it.

S-Vibes

S-Vibes

Hey guys - i recently upgraded my car infotainment system via the kia website (https://update.kia.com/US/EN/navigationUpdate). Since i bought my vehicle from middle east, i chose applicable region which is provided on top of the website page. Was a simple and easy step by step procedure. Downloaded the software updater on my pc - selected my car model - downloaded the software - copied it into usb - plugged it in the car - and it updated.

As per my research, everyone has their opinion about the update. Personally i am fine with it. I was just afraid whether i will get the USB video app in the upgrade or not. But luckily it was there. I was able to play the videos in my car while its in parking mode.

So if you guys want to try playing videos in your car - i think by downloading the middle east version of the infotainment system might give you the option of video playback. Try it out. If it is not working, you can always download the applicable region software and re-install it.
I wonder if the update will fail to execute based on the code reading your vin and knowing if you're loading the region appropriate software or not?

Dew

I've found something might work...

http://indiwork.co.kr/shop/device/ai-box-android-for-oem-carplay-system/

It calls AI box and I think we can play videos using this and even Youtube or Netflex can be played using hotspot from the phone.
I may call them to find out if it really works. I will update.
Unfortunately, with that thing running Nougat (Android 7), you would likely run into compatibility issues with several of the apps you want to run. But who knows til they buy one. :eyes: Let us know.

Nagle44