Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

What happens when a 2022 is totaled?

GigiMayf

My husband got caught in the crosshairs of an accident between two teenagers. One of them drove head first into our 2022 Telluride. How does insurance work on a car that’s selling used for way over MSRP or would take several months to replace?

Foxfire

Years back my husband was in an accident and his vehicle was totalled. The insurance company tried to lowball our payout so I countered with multiple comparable listings of similar cars listed online and they came up to that amount. The key is to provide proof of the replacement value required to make you whole. (We had a comprehensive policy, not just collision, and my husband was not the at fault driver.) My recommendation would be to find comparable listings online that show the dealer premiums to provide to the insurance company.