Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Where is the horn?

Anyone have any idea where the horn is? And how to get to it? I have a single train horn that I took off my FJ Cruiser and want to put it on the Telluride but have to find the OEM horn first...and then have to figure out how to get behind the grill and in front of the radiator (i'm guessing the horn is in that area) to mount it.

There are two of them and they're mounted on the sides of the radiator next to the headlights. You have to remove the bumper to get to the horns.

OP
GeordieLaforge
Thread Starter #5
Umm...I hope I don't have to remove the bumper in that manner??? :( Dare I ask what happened to the other vehicles? Still trying to figure out how to remove it. But thanks for posting where they are...sure don't sound like 2 horns.

Umm...I hope I don't have to remove the bumper in that manner??? :( Dare I ask what happened to the other vehicles? Still trying to figure out how to remove it. But thanks for posting where they are...sure don't sound like 2 horns.
I'm not sure what happened to those vehicles, I found the photos on copart.com which I'm always on there browsing for deals.

OP
GeordieLaforge
Thread Starter #7
I'm not sure what happened to those vehicles, I found the photos on copart.com which I'm always on there browsing for deals.
Well, it certainly looks like a rather drastic way to remove the front end. It looks like the radiator cover and complete front end are all one piece. What a pain to get in to!. And I think if I remove the skid plate, the horns will be too high to reach from underneath.

Well, it certainly looks like a rather drastic way to remove the front end. It looks like the radiator cover and complete front end are all one piece. What a pain to get in to!. And I think if I remove the skid plate, the horns will be too high to reach from underneath.
The grill does detach from the bumper but you have to remove the bumper to be able to detach it lol.

ucinn

Staff Member
Sounds like the Sorento, The whole bumper,grill,and radiator cover was all one piece that got removed together.

Curious if you thought about tapping through the fuse box in the engine compartment instead of the horn itself. I circled the Horn fuse.
kia-telluride-fuse-box.jpg