Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Vent Visor/Vent Shade? (you know, the thing where you can crack the window in the rain!)

Hello, everyone... New '21 Telluride EX owner here, in everlasting silver. Just came out of a '17 Sorento, took delivery of the Telluride 2 days ago.

The only vent shades I can find are Kia brand, and they're like $200 when everything is said and done (not a bloody chance in hell).

Just wondering if there are alternatives yet? Any rumors of 3rd party production?

Thank you! Nice to meet you all, and nice to finally be part of the club.

I haven't been able to source any 3rd party ones so far, and I went with the OEM Kia units. Yup, paid the hostage fees to get them. That said, I'm not really keen on how they're designed or meant to go on the vehicle. First and foremost, on any other vehicle I've had these on (and there have been many), they either adhesive mounted the full length of the cover, or had a thinner upper part that slid into the window glass slot and set in place in that manner.

These runs use adhesive strips for most of the upper length, but where they connect at the rear of the front doors, and the front facing portion of the rear doors.... they use some sort of goofy post that you stick onto the door frame, and then you fasten the raised portion of the cover to them with a screw.

The other thing I would note is that the installation instructions would have them follow not the body line of the vehcile, but the top of the glass.... which means that when you look at them from the side, they don't follow the same line as the chrome trim that runs the length of the top of the doors along the side of the vehicle, and it looks odd. So I had the dealer remove them and reinstall them to align with the chrome trim line. Also, you need to watch to make sure that adequate gap is left between the front and rear units so that when the rear door opens, it doesn't "click" against the front door cover.... the two covers will rub or click against each other if installed to close to each other.

If you want window vent covers, just take a deep breath and buy the OEM versions. You'll be waiting a long time before you see any 3rd party ones show up on the market, but if you're willing to wait a year or so, maybe you'll get lucky.