Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Which Size to upgrade to

OP
W
Thread Starter #21
What is the hub bore size?
I'm getting a EX, going to upgrade the 18"'s to 20's.
Unfortunately I’m not sure about that one. I just ordered them right through discount tire direct

Ok so I know nothing about this stuff. Is it possible to keep my same rims EX so 18" and just get a taller tire? I want the car to sit higher, is that possible? or would the tires rub the wheel well?

Totally blonde question probably, so feel free to bring the jabs, but include the answers too please! :p

Ok so I know nothing about this stuff. Is it possible to keep my same rims EX so 18" and just get a taller tire? I want the car to sit higher, is that possible? or would the tires rub the wheel well?

Totally blonde question probably, so feel free to bring the jabs, but include the answers too please! :p
Most definitely. You can go up to a 255/60/R18, stock is 245/50/R20

JABTelly

Has anyone else gone a little wider on the wheels? This is the thread I have been looking for for about a week now, glad I found it. I know the telly has a super thin set of skis on it with the 7.5" rim, seems the 8.5" is a safe bet... but could we tuck a 10" rim in? Im using a calculator and it seems possible. All this talk about bigger tires, when are we going to get a suspension upgrade that gives us a lift of an inch or two.

Has anyone else gone a little wider on the wheels? This is the thread I have been looking for for about a week now, glad I found it. I know the telly has a super thin set of skis on it with the 7.5" rim, seems the 8.5" is a safe bet... but could we tuck a 10" rim in? Im using a calculator and it seems possible. All this talk about bigger tires, when are we going to get a suspension upgrade that gives us a lift of an inch or two.
Truxx makes a lift kit but no suspension yet. Actually considering swapping out my 20s to a 17x9 and putting some off-tires. Still wondering if this will fit, on Black Rhinos website it doesn’t have it listed as a compatible wheel size.

Truxx makes a lift kit but no suspension yet. Actually considering swapping out my 20s to a 17x9 and putting some off-tires. Still wondering if this will fit, on Black Rhinos website it doesn’t have it listed as a compatible wheel size.
better to stay with orginal wheels and only change tire size to 235/55/20 and you will find nice tires on this size

better to stay with orginal wheels and only change tire size to 235/55/20 and you will find nice tires on this size
I’m still going to keep the stock rims but I wanted a smaller wheel to run some AT tires with a thicker sidewall. I’ve seen a few ppl upgrade to some Black Rhinos 17x8 and even 17x8.5 with 265/66/17 tires but the rims I really want only come in 9in width. I think a few ppl here have upgraded to 20x9 so I believe it should fit. I don’t mind it it sticks out it will just make it looks beefier for my overland look.