Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Windshield replacement

Rb8760

I went to Safelite to have an OEM windshield replaced in my 2023 Telluride and I received the receipt where they charged my insurance company $2,260.25 How in the hell can they get away with charging so much, no wonder insurance premiums keep going up and up. Windshield replacements are "Free" if you have full coverage but someone has to pay for this excessive charge. Check around and get quotes before you just go to Safelite to have them replace your glass

i Am sure your insurance company has a list of companies it uses for glass replacement.

OP
R

Rb8760

Thread Starter #3
I'm sure they do, I just think $2,260 is excessive. I didn't have to pay for the unreasonable cost but we all end up paying more b/c of increased insurance costs

You didn’t contact your insurance company before the replacement?

Regarding the high cost of windshield replacement. It is important to do more research and compare prices from different service centers or auto glass shops before making a decision. This will help you get a more objective view of market prices and choose the best deal. It's also worth checking with your insurance company to find out what services and costs they cover to avoid unexpected costs.