Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Windshield

guyon

i find that the windshield chips very easy 3 chips one of them a6 inch long crack all on pavement only 3000 klms on it very upsetting . thats the only problem gets good fuel economy for size

I think it's the size of the windshield that makes it more susceptible. I heard a couple of loud cracking sounds coming from the windshield but thankfully no cracks yet

Sorry to hear that! I think it's going to be an expensive windshield to replace. Probably needs OEM: Sound deadening, odd shape, plus camera calibration. Would be interested in finding out how much it will cost to repair. I'm sure I will have to face your predicament soon enough.

Don't go through Safelite if you want OEM, go through the dealer instead.

i find that the windshield chips very easy 3 chips one of them a6 inch long crack all on pavement only 3000 klms on it very upsetting . thats the only problem gets good fuel economy for size
Wow - seriously? That's disturbing. Factory defect maybe ?

Chips along the edges or are they from rocks?

Ouch! I wonder if it the windshields would cost more of SX owners because they're polarized.

OP
G

guyon

Thread Starter #8
I think it's the size of the windshield that makes it more susceptible. I heard a couple of loud cracking sounds coming from the windshield but thankfully no cracks yet
dealer pirce is 1018 canadian plus install but i do have glass insurance

Wow.. I was afraid of that $1018 =>$758 USD + install. Looking at $1k USD for windshield replacement.

Thanks for sharing!

rscalisse

Hi, my windshield chipped easily in April (only 350km). Had to wait 3 weeks and got it replaced at dealer per $1250 CAD (labour + windshield ). I am really surprised that it chipped so easily and I am super disappointed.

Hi, my windshield chipped easily in April (only 350km). Had to wait 3 weeks and got it replaced at dealer per $1250 CAD (labour + windshield ). I am really surprised that it chipped so easily and I am super disappointed.
Curious where did it chip at?

OP
G

guyon

Thread Starter #13
center about 6 inchs from bottem,right side upper cornor right side lower cornor about 4 inces up from bottem and progressed up ward with a 6-8 inch crack

rscalisse

Curious where did it chip at?
Middle of the windshield, below the sensor where I keep my dashboard cam...something around 3 inches. I was driving about 70 km/h on a well-maintained road, no cars at front or passing. It was so weird!

OP
G

guyon

Thread Starter #16
on mine it hit low down in center first one second upp right hand side thrid right side 4 inches up from bottem and 1inch from post then cracke in a l shape about 8 inches

OP
G

guyon

Thread Starter #19
upper stone hit is noe 2ft long crack lower chip has increased to 12 inshes ordered new winshield today through speedy auto glass