Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Winter tires + steelies?

Probably too early to think about this but anyone going to put on steelies and winter "snow" tires this winter? If so, what size steelies? .... or try to find some cheap alloys?

Probably too early to think about this but anyone going to put on steelies and winter "snow" tires this winter? If so, what size steelies? .... or try to find some cheap alloys?
Ill have 4 EX 18"s for cheap. Much better snow tire selection for the 18"s.

Upgrade your wheels and use your stockers for winter mode.

You'll probably have to go with 17" steel wheels. 17X6.5 with 235/65R17 winter tires.

They normally sell steel wheels on Tirerack for about $80 a piece. Sometimes you can find regular 17" wheels for that price.

OP
Flatwhite
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the tip on 17s. Was curious if anything smaller than 18 would be ok (assuming its ok if it clears brake calipers).

(Don't feel too good slapping on winter tires on 20" alloys. I would prefer more sidewall.)

Question: Anyone going to put in additional tire pressure monitoring sensors on snow/winter wheel+tire combo?

Thanks for the tip on 17s. Was curious if anything smaller than 18 would be ok (assuming its ok if it clears brake calipers).

(Don't feel too good slapping on winter tires on 20" alloys. I would prefer more sidewall.)

Question: Anyone going to put in additional tire pressure monitoring sensors on snow/winter wheel+tire combo?
You should be fine with 17", I wouldn't go any smaller than that though. https://www.discounttire.com has a some decent looking cheap wheels on their site.

I will probably use aftermarket wheels for wintertime and factory 20’s for summer time.

guyon

i bought 18 inch alloys that look like the 20s that came on my sx and 245-60-18 michlien x ice tires there the same height as 20s and tire sensors from kia in a kit of 4 going to install in mid october here in edmonton

burn182

i bought 18 inch alloys that look like the 20s that came on my sx and 245-60-18 michlien x ice tires there the same height as 20s and tire sensors from kia in a kit of 4 going to install in mid october here in edmonton
I was looking for the same kind of combo (but in the Montreal area)... Which wheels did you buy and how much the whole kit (wheels/tires/tpms) costed you, if you don't mind sharing ?

guyon

i bought tires and rims from costco rims and tires around 1700 tire sensors about 250 from kia for a set

kiadave

We just took delivery of our SX here in Montreal with 20 inch OEM wheels and we love it... But we find the ride pretty stiff (i.e. We feel every bump on the road) We test drove the EX which comes with 18 inch wheels and I swear it was a lot softer.

Would 18 inch wheels give a noticeable softer ride than 20 inch? If yes, anyone in Montreal want to trade brand new 20 inch rims and stock Michelins for the stock 18's? :)