Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2020 Kia Telluride update

annieme

I downloaded the update and got it installed. I don't like the home screen at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make changes to it or are we just stuck with it until the next upgrade?

KJNCJSJK

What does it look like with the update?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I downloaded the update and got it installed. I don't like the home screen at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make changes to it or are we just stuck with it until the next upgrade?
You cannot revert. You are stuck with what you have until they change it (that is, if they change it).

To be fair, this UI was first released in November 2020. So you did have lots of time to research this and know what you were getting into.

What does it look like with the update?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
1647556888398.png
Type 1 is the old look. Type 2 was first introduced with the November 2020 update. It has been shuffled slightly since then, but is still functionally the same.

OP
A

annieme

Thread Starter #5
You cannot revert. You are stuck with what you have until they change it (that is, if they change it).

To be fair, this UI was first released in November 2020. So you did have lots of time to research this and know what you were getting into.
I bought this vehicle in November 2020 used. I was not told by the dealer that there was only a one year subscription and had to be renewed each year. When I contacted them when the navigation wasn't working, they kept telling me for months that it was a problem lots of people were having and Kia was working on it. In reality, it wasn't working cuz I didn't buy the subscription. I contacted Kia to complain and was told I could update the navigation myself. That is what I did.
If what I have is the November 2020 release then there should be at least 2 newer ones. I understand from Kia that an update comes out 2 times a year. So there should have been 2 updates in 2021.
So does anyone have an update from 2021? And if so, how do I get it?

I bought this vehicle in November 2020 used. I was not told by the dealer that there was only a one year subscription and had to be renewed each year. When I contacted them when the navigation wasn't working, they kept telling me for months that it was a problem lots of people were having and Kia was working on it. In reality, it wasn't working cuz I didn't buy the subscription. I contacted Kia to complain and was told I could update the navigation myself. That is what I did.
If what I have is the November 2020 release then there should be at least 2 newer ones. I understand from Kia that an update comes out 2 times a year. So there should have been 2 updates in 2021.
So does anyone have an update from 2021? And if so, how do I get it?
My rule is to never believe a salesperson, and definitely to take any info from a dealer with a grain of salt (especially for tech things). You have to be armed with as much information as you can.

When did you perform the update?

If you download the update today, you would be getting the most recent one (November 2021).

Note that they usually release two a year in April and November, so a new one is around the corner.

OP
A

annieme

Thread Starter #7
I did the update about 2 weeks ago. I also noticed that the backup camera does not go off right away after shifting out of reverse. There is a delay of about 10-15 seconds. I also do not have any of my preselected radio stations. Not sure if I still have previous destinations.

I did the update about 2 weeks ago. I also noticed that the backup camera does not go off right away after shifting out of reverse. There is a delay of about 10-15 seconds. I also do not have any of my preselected radio stations. Not sure if I still have previous destinations.
“Extend rear camera use” has always been an option on non-SX models. You can change that setting to your liking.

When you do the first update that adds driver profiles, it inexplicably puts your old settings in the guest profile. You can transfer over the saved navigation destinations with a USB stick, but everything else you’ll have to redo yourself if you want your Driver 1 to be what you want.

OP
A

annieme

Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the info on the rear camera. Did not know this. I will check the settings.
I have not set up a driver. I left it as guest. No need for different drivers.
Hope the new update gives some options for the home screen.

yasma

good morning i have a kia telluride 2020 lx trim do i have to update radio to get navigation and sirius xm data to work

OP
A

annieme

Thread Starter #11
Not sure what you mean by update radio. Sirius xm is a subscription thru sirius. You would have to contact them to get sirius xm.
As for the navigation, you can contact Kia. I think the charge is $200/yr. The other option is to download the update from Kia onto a usb drive and install it yourself. There are some features you won't get but if all your looking for is "maps" it works well. That's what I have done. The KIa website tells you how to do it.