Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2021 Telluride Towing Mode

Jimbo

Hi

When towing a 4,000 lb trailer with my 2021 Telluride what driving mode should I be in?

Jim

OP
J

Jimbo

Thread Starter #2
I searched owners manual and find no mention of what drive mode Telluride should be in when towing a trailer. Does any one have any comments ?

Jim

playared

I found the same with the manual. Towed similar trailer (3500 pounds) about 500 miles. Used all setting and found little if any differences. Did not try to access gas mileage.
Noted in SMART setting it bounced around ECO, COMFORT. I don't understand SMART.

I found the same with the manual. Towed similar trailer (3500 pounds) about 500 miles. Used all setting and found little if any differences. Did not try to access gas mileage.
Noted in SMART setting it bounced around ECO, COMFORT. I don't understand SMART.
It is my understanding that the smart mode will use whatever mode the vehicle determines to be best at any given time dependent upon the driving conditions. So it will bounce from one mode to another.

playared

MilissaH72,
Thanks for the info. Just did not understand why the change. Flat country, same driving so why change. Guess it is changes I don't detect but the computer does.