Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2022 Cracked Windshield

eebling

And ironically enough, the only other time in my life that I got a star chip or crack in a windshield was 3 years ago while driving on a Montana highway on a roadtrip.!

That was a mitsubishi outlander sport and that windshield took a beating, countless times I heard loud impacts that sounded like the entire windshield was going to be cracked and nothing would happen.! Except for the one time when the debris was just so large it actually chipped the windshield.

Maybe it had thicker/heavier duty glass since it was a 2011.

Xline23

2023 Xline driving home from initial purchase. Loud pop sounding like an empty water bottle being squeezed. Could not figure out what it came from. Eventually Noticed a small crack in lower passenger side corner of windshield. Crack extends from edge of windshield into glass curving up to be @10 inch crack. Zero signs of impact.... just a fine line. Called dealer to be told they have zero service announcements regarding faulty windshields and they can't help us. Great first impression on this vehicle. I told my wife we should have gotten the Chevy instead. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bucks11

2023 Xline driving home from initial purchase. Loud pop sounding like an empty water bottle being squeezed. Could not figure out what it came from. Eventually Noticed a small crack in lower passenger side corner of windshield. Crack extends from edge of windshield into glass curving up to be @10 inch crack. Zero signs of impact.... just a fine line. Called dealer to be told they have zero service announcements regarding faulty windshields and they can't help us. Great first impression on this vehicle. I told my wife we should have gotten the Chevy instead. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Same thing with the loud popping noise just happened to my 1mo old 23 Xline driving on highway. It must have been a tiny rock if that’s what caused it because I never saw anything. Pretty unhappy if the windshield is really this fragile. Did you try getting Kia to cover it?

If there is no impact point defined and it starts from the edge how can the dealer rule out glass mfr defect or installation at the factory. While there may not be an announcement of faulty windshields it doesn't mean it can't happen at the factory. Take pics to send to Kia and start a case, also worth reporting to https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem. When the latter gets enough complaints, gov & companies take notice(mostly).

xfox5

Joined the club of cracked windshields. This happened in March on my 22 while under 8k miles. I was not even driving, the vehicle was standstill and parked. Submitted NHTSA complaint.

DianaBSN

2021 Kia Telluride. Driving home from work 6/8/23. Small crack developed in the windshield on passenger side lower corner. Has spread quickly across windshield. Left message with service department of local dealership inquiring about Kia "Customer Satisfaction Initiative" concerning windshield cracking. No call back after 8 days. Left email on Corporate Customer Service Website on 6/12/23 inquiring about windshield "Customer Satisfaction Initiative". No response from Kia after 6 days. The Kia Web Site claims they will respond to inquiries within 48 hours.

SempKa

2024 Kia Telluride. Driving home small stone hit windshield crack now greater than a quarter so can not be repaired needs to be replaced. had the vehicle for 24 hours when it happened. Car so new can only replace with factory glass. Not sure what we will do yet.

DreaKeek

I have a very similar situation to Rick26… driving 60mph on a two lane highway… with more than enough space between me and the vehicle in front of me. A object, so small I couldn’t see it, hit my windshield on the bottom of passenger side. Looks like it hit in two places??? Two small rocks or pebbles??? It created a softball size crack that spiderwebbed and flaked. It was definitely not a normal chip. It was too large and too much damage to fix. It needed to be replaced.

Attachments

Bocatrip

I was considering purchasing a 2024 SX, however after reading this thread as well as the MANY NHTSA windshield/glass (and some sunroof) issues, I can't see how I can go forward. Obviously this requires a recall, but a costly one for Kia as so many cars are affected. I'm aware of the class action lawsuit as well. It's just amazing how more potential customers are not aware of this ongoing issue. Crazy to think this has been going on since 2020 with no recall/fix. I don't think this would happen with a Toyota/Lexus product. I wish there was some positive news, but I've exhausted all my searches for one. Too bad. PS. I've noticed that a number of members on this particular thread have posted a single post or two and nothing more. Have they gotten the issue resolved or did they end up selling the car? I'm very curious.

I was considering purchasing a 2024 SX, however after reading this thread as well as the MANY NHTSA windshield/glass (and some sunroof) issues, I can't see how I can go forward. Obviously this requires a recall, but a costly one for Kia as so many cars are affected. I'm aware of the class action lawsuit as well. It's just amazing how more potential customers are not aware of this ongoing issue. Crazy to think this has been going on since 2020 with no recall/fix. I don't think this would happen with a Toyota/Lexus product. I wish there was some positive news, but I've exhausted all my searches for one. Too bad. PS. I've noticed that a number of members on this particular thread have posted a single post or two and nothing more. Have they gotten the issue resolved or did they end up selling the car? I'm very curious.
Good luck with another brand. Highway rocks are not selective.