Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2022 Rear seat entertainment question

I just reserved a 2022 EX NF due to come in mid sept. I was planning on ordering the exact same one and got lucky with one coming in that the buyer had backed out on. The only thing is it has a few extras I probably wouldn't have ordered myself. A tow package, (maybe I'll use it) And a rear seat entertainment pakage....we have a pacifica now and my kids use the entertainment system all the time, so I didn't mind paying the extra for it. Especaly if it means not having to wait on an order. Does anyone have the rear seat entertainment in a '22 telluride? is it still android only? I saw a youtube video that said it only worked with android. Do you like it? is it dated? And can it be removed?

WFam9902

We bought our 2022 Telluride 2 months ago and wasn't able to have the entertainment system installed until last week. So far, I can't figure out how to do anything with it besides watching YouTube. It comes with about 4 games and the You Tube app already installed. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add more games or apps. I've connectetd to the internet but it doesn't let me watch movies on VUDU or Movies Anywhere while online. To watch, it prompts me to install these apps via google play, but once it says it's installed, I can't find it anywhere. There is no DVD player, just USB, HDMI and SD Card ports and in spite of all my searching, I can't figure out how to download movies to a USB drive. I've read the online manual for the system and it only talked about the basics. I am starting to regret this purchase. :-/

We bought our 2022 Telluride 2 months ago and wasn't able to have the entertainment system installed until last week. So far, I can't figure out how to do anything with it besides watching YouTube. It comes with about 4 games and the You Tube app already installed. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add more games or apps. I've connectetd to the internet but it doesn't let me watch movies on VUDU or Movies Anywhere while online. To watch, it prompts me to install these apps via google play, but once it says it's installed, I can't find it anywhere. There is no DVD player, just USB, HDMI and SD Card ports and in spite of all my searching, I can't figure out how to download movies to a USB drive. I've read the online manual for the system and it only talked about the basics. I am starting to regret this purchase. :-/
Same…. We got ours in oct 2021. I have bought multiple USB’s, some work with it some don’t, some started working and then stopped reading it, one screen reads one usb not the other, the movies I can have my kids watch (4,6) without free access to YouTube are movies I painstakingly searched YouTube you can’t download anything else. I bought micro sd cards, don’t read them. So dang frustrating I’m about ready to through it out. Wish I would have saved that money to buy iPad for my kids. 100% would NEVER recommend it. I can’t even find any info on making it flipping work! All I wanted was an attached dvd system

atminnic

I couldn't get the SD cards to work until my wife noticed it had to be a MP-4 formatted, after a lot of trial and error, we also got headphones that actually work well with it. The Sennheiser - HD 450 BT Wireless noise cancelling over the ear headphones work great, esp if you can get them on sale. Skull Candy - noise canceling and also the JBL Live 660NC.

Isch1a

I bought a 2022 Kia Telluride about two months ago. The car arrived with the rear seat entertainment units (we hadn’t requested). Up until this week, we really haven’t had any success in using them (I read the useless instructional manual and viewed every online related forum I could find) and was incredibly frustrated due to the $3k upfront costs and the fact we really couldn’t use them. I was told by the dealer that I could use USB sticks to record movies and plug into the units. I haven’t tested this but first-this seems very cumbersome and I am doubtful as most movies prevent copying and are also copyright protected. I did read online someone successfully was using the rear seat entertainment (RSE) screens with Amazon Firesticks and their phone’s hotspot. I can say this does work and the screens are really great. We did pick up 2 Firesticks with usb chargers online during Black Friday for $100. In a perfect world Kia includes these with your purchase, especially considering the ridiculous cost. Up until this week I was exasperated that I couldn’t seem to find support anywhere regarding how to use the screens. With no App Store and no way to download apps-I’ve been confronted with potentially unremovable dead screens in my car. I called Kia customer service initially and they were a total dead end. See the dealer-blah, blah, blah…Eventually I was connected to Kia Connect to help with the Firesticks install and they were helpful.
I did want to share what I have successfully done and the step by step process so that -hopefully you can enjoy your RSE units as much as we are now (FINALLY) enjoying ours…so here goes:
Setup——
iPhone 11Pro
Verizon - unlimited plan, 25Mbps
Amazon prime membership (not sure if
required)
Amazon Firestick 4K max, + Firestick usb charger

Prep your new firestick (near house Wi-Fi) update software (multiple updates)

1. Turn on phone hotspot using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
2. Go to RES Settings/Wi-Fi . Look for your phone. Click on it and input your hotspot password.
3. Plug in Firestick into RES HDMI port
4. Choose language (English)
5. Put batteries into remote and then Follow RSE prompts to sync remote
6. Upload firmware and software updates (10 minutes+)
7. Register the Firestick with Amazon
8. Choose Amazon fire tv - for volume (just to get past). I still have to call Kia connect to confirm the manufacturer (most likely third party)
9. Once connected to the network and you’ve registered your Firesticks, the Firestick homepage should come up
10. You then look for the apps you want to download (Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Spotify). For each app downloaded, login using your credentials.)
11. Not sure if the screens have/lack speakers (looking to confirm with Kia connect) but function well with wireless earbuds.
12. To connect your earbuds, go to the RSE Home Screen and then scroll to the right and select settings.
13. Scroll down and choose Bluetooth (connect)/ other Bluetooth devices. Choose the option to add a new device.
14. When the RSE is looking to pair, set your wireless earbuds or headphones in pairing mode. So far I’ve paired three different types of wireless earbuds and headphones successfully. For my sons Bose headphones I did get a note while pairing stating that stereo headphones can potentially degrade the video feed quality but so far I’ve not noticed any difference. Once connected you are all set!
15. I have found that when reconnecting the Wi-Fi hotspot and engaging the Firestick, I sometimes need to unplug and reconnect the Firestick HDMI connection in order to get it to work. (Unplug and replug in-simple!)
16. With your apps downloaded and earbuds connected-log in to your favorite app and enjoy! The picture quality is very impressive. At last!….

atminnic

I bought a 2022 Kia Telluride about two months ago. The car arrived with the rear seat entertainment units (we hadn’t requested). Up until this week, we really haven’t had any success in using them (I read the useless instructional manual and viewed every online related forum I could find) and was incredibly frustrated due to the $3k upfront costs and the fact we really couldn’t use them. I was told by the dealer that I could use USB sticks to record movies and plug into the units. I haven’t tested this but first-this seems very cumbersome and I am doubtful as most movies prevent copying and are also copyright protected. I did read online someone successfully was using the rear seat entertainment (RSE) screens with Amazon Firesticks and their phone’s hotspot. I can say this does work and the screens are really great. We did pick up 2 Firesticks with usb chargers online during Black Friday for $100. In a perfect world Kia includes these with your purchase, especially considering the ridiculous cost. Up until this week I was exasperated that I couldn’t seem to find support anywhere regarding how to use the screens. With no App Store and no way to download apps-I’ve been confronted with potentially unremovable dead screens in my car. I called Kia customer service initially and they were a total dead end. See the dealer-blah, blah, blah…Eventually I was connected to Kia Connect to help with the Firesticks install and they were helpful.
I did want to share what I have successfully done and the step by step process so that -hopefully you can enjoy your RSE units as much as we are now (FINALLY) enjoying ours…so here goes:
Setup——
iPhone 11Pro
Verizon - unlimited plan, 25Mbps
Amazon prime membership (not sure if
required)
Amazon Firestick 4K max, + Firestick usb charger

Prep your new firestick (near house Wi-Fi) update software (multiple updates)

1. Turn on phone hotspot using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
2. Go to RES Settings/Wi-Fi . Look for your phone. Click on it and input your hotspot password.
3. Plug in Firestick into RES HDMI port
4. Choose language (English)
5. Put batteries into remote and then Follow RSE prompts to sync remote
6. Upload firmware and software updates (10 minutes+)
7. Register the Firestick with Amazon
8. Choose Amazon fire tv - for volume (just to get past). I still have to call Kia connect to confirm the manufacturer (most likely third party)
9. Once connected to the network and you’ve registered your Firesticks, the Firestick homepage should come up
10. You then look for the apps you want to download (Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Spotify). For each app downloaded, login using your credentials.)
11. Not sure if the screens have/lack speakers (looking to confirm with Kia connect) but function well with wireless earbuds.
12. To connect your earbuds, go to the RSE Home Screen and then scroll to the right and select settings.
13. Scroll down and choose Bluetooth (connect)/ other Bluetooth devices. Choose the option to add a new device.
14. When the RSE is looking to pair, set your wireless earbuds or headphones in pairing mode. So far I’ve paired three different types of wireless earbuds and headphones successfully. For my sons Bose headphones I did get a note while pairing stating that stereo headphones can potentially degrade the video feed quality but so far I’ve not noticed any difference. Once connected you are all set!
15. I have found that when reconnecting the Wi-Fi hotspot and engaging the Firestick, I sometimes need to unplug and reconnect the Firestick HDMI connection in order to get it to work. (Unplug and replug in-simple!)
16. With your apps downloaded and earbuds connected-log in to your favorite app and enjoy! The picture quality is very impressive. At last!….

so I did this with the firestick but did not set the sound to be controlled from firestick.

When I had the firestick playing shows and my son hit the volume button with the RSE remote, it would kick him back to the main menu.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Isch1a

Sorry about the delayed response. I don’t use the RSE remotes at all. With the Firesticks plugged in I use the Firestick remote. I don’t know who the manufacturer of the RSE units are. Does anyone know? Ten bonus points if anyone does and can share with the group!! For volume, I’ve connected wireless headphones or earbuds to the RSE using the Firestick remote. This works great

atminnic

No worries, thank you. I am going to give it a try.

From the research I’ve done on the units. The company is actually RSE and the software used in the monitors is from 2012. Complete joke since it’s locked on content download and internal volume control

Has anyone tried to complete reset and jailbreak them?

The only headphones I found that work on them are expensive blu tooth ones. I found them all on sale at Best Buy for over 50% off.

skull candy hesh ANC
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6427090.p?skuId=6427090
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6427090.p?skuId=6427090
JBL
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6463749.p?skuId=6463749
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6463749.p?skuId=6463749

Sennheiser
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6422051.p?skuId=6422051
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6422051.p?skuId=6422051

also, I am running out of kids movies on my sd card so I am in the process of trying to download more

Isch1a

Wireless earbuds or headphones? I’ve linked apple ear buds, lg ear buds, and Bose headphones. On the Firestick Home Screen go to settings/ connect other blue tooth devices and make sure the ear buds are in pairing mode.