Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2022 Telluride Oveheated!

mbellini

I was just in the car wash when my cars dash lit up red temperature light saying engine overheated! Gauge was all the way to H. I panicked but I had to sit through the short wash then got out and pulled over. Sat there for 20 minutes then started and gauge went back to normal and drove home. Called Kia service they are booked out till next week said I could bring it in but on a holiday weekend no thanks. Have a feeling they won’t find anything like others but still going to take it in. My poor kid is freaked out now and just stares at the gauge🫣 There’s a problem and it seems more people are having it.🙁

I was just in the car wash when my cars dash lit up red temperature light saying engine overheated! Gauge was all the way to H. I panicked but I had to sit through the short wash then got out and pulled over. Sat there for 20 minutes then started and gauge went back to normal and drove home. Called Kia service they are booked out till next week said I could bring it in but on a holiday weekend no thanks. Have a feeling they won’t find anything like others but still going to take it in. My poor kid is freaked out now and just stares at the gauge🫣 There’s a problem and it seems more people are having it.
It’s not uncommon for modern computer controlled vehicles to throw random errors and such, so my bet is it was just that. Did your engine sound different? Did you see smoke/steam from engine compartment? If not, it’s likely not an overheating issue.

Subaru had some similar problems with lights on dash, even no start conditions, but it was all computer/processor stuff.

I know it sucks to not have perfection, but your Telluride is likely fine.

Remember pretty much every Windows PC and how many errors and freezes would happen?

Welcome to modern vehicles.

OP
M

mbellini

Thread Starter #3
Thank you! It was just crazy cause I’m in the car wash and it goes off! No steam no heat or puddles of water under the car. Coolant was full. Hope it’s just a glitch like in a video game and it’s all fine. We’ll see. Thanks for the response.
😊

I have a 2022 and I have had 2 coolant leaks…

one that was dripping pretty good from lower hose (at about 1500 miles)

the other was more of a spray under I guess high load and just a little residue at top hose going into thermostat housing (at about 3500 miles)

they blamed both on bad hose clamps

first instance had no coolant in the overflow tank, which should be at FULL mark when cold/cool.
was towed to the dealer and fixed within 2 hours of arriving

thankfully i spotted the drips under my vehicle and took a look; there was a bunch of coolant laying in belly pan and lower bumper fascia

keep an eye on it because its much easier to replace a part then overheat to a point of warping the head and needing a new engine which will be on back order most likely

off topic to that issue…
my center digital display went black at startup on one occasion and gave no info after the System Check animation
I shut the vehicle off, opened the door, closed door and restarted and it was ok

apparently there is a TSB out for those

since that only happened once i will consider it a computer glitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk