Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

All Known 2020 Kia Telluride Issues and Complaints

Anyone else having issues with there speakers? Mine seems to make this static squeak noise every now and then. Super annoying.
I haven't experienced this on mine. Does this happen when you're listening to the radio or while streaming music or both?

Anyone else having issues with there speakers? Mine seems to make this static squeak noise every now and then. Super annoying.
Which trim are you driving? I have no problems to report on my Canadian EX which does not come with the highfalutin system of the SX trim.

Scarlett

I haven't experienced this on mine. Does this happen when you're listening to the radio or while streaming music or both?
Listening to the radio sometimes while XM is playing. Having noticed it when I’m streaming music yet. It has happened a couple times now. I thought it was just that station.

@Scarlett, I have a S model as well, no speaker issues and I use XM daily. With satellite radio there shouldn't be any static, if you lose signal the station just stops working.

guyon

Curious what mode were you driving in?
i think it has something to do with the lane assist or adptive cruies system iv had my brakes apply suddently when some one stopped quickly in front of me on highway before i had time to react but im ok with that

we bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and on 5/6/19 i posted:
Bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and had for a week. Went on a 500 mile trip. 50 miles into the trip at 60MPH on the freeway with traffic the entire dash went dead. No tach, speed, digital speed with other functions and all the warning lights came on. Had no indications that we had turn signals or brake lights. This lasted for about 10 min then all worked like nothing happened. Called dealer to make an appointment on 4/25/19 when we got back in town. This happened 8 - 10 more times during the trip. One of these times it happened in a driveway. found the turn signals and brake lights did work but had no sound or visual indication on dash. The scariest problem (on the way back to town) was when the cruse throttle slammed on the brakes. We were doing 50MPH with no cars coming towards us, not coming up on any car but a car parked in a driveway way off the shoulder. The car behind us slammed on his brakes and almost rear ended us. We didn't use the cruse the rest of the way home. Took to dealer and they have had the car since. The factory is suppose to have a rep look at the vehicle on 5/15. Not very happy with the customer relations department at KIA. Don't know if we will be able to trust the vehicle to take on trips which is what we bought it for.

on 5/16/19 we picked up our car at the dealer and they found a damaged dash harness multi pin connector. They temporarily repaired the connector and were not able to order a new harness. Harness not in system yet. took a week before the dealer was able to order harness. no word from dealer as of 5/28/19. Customer Relations is a farce. I call and they say they will call back and they never do. I am getting very frustrated with the factory. I keep running into a brick wall.

faris

I have noticed an issue with the Heads up display. When I save the height, it stays saved for that day. And then each morning it resets back to the default height.. it's a bit annoying ..

Ademaria

I'm going to start an archive of problems and issues that owners are complaining about with their 2020 Kia Telluride. These issues were mostly shared in this thread https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/kia-telluride-issues.283/
  • Rear A/C vents randomly turns on.
  • Engine overheating from idle stop/go.
  • Front passenger side door wont open.
  • LED Halo lights become faulty and stop working.
  • Rear wiper cover falls off.
  • Rear captain chair rattles due to loose seat back cover.
  • Rear heat not blowing warm air.
  • Inaccurate GPS / Navigation directions.
  • Water leaking through door sills.
  • Seat seam stitching coming loose.
  • FCA malfunctioning.
  • "Battery discharging due to external devices" error.
  • Seat cushion coming loose.
  • Speaker rattles when listening to XM.
App & Software Related
  • Kia Connect App defaults to Pacific Time with no way of changing time settings.
  • In-car Weather App requires HD signal to work.
Bought a S last night. Anyone else have issues with the drivers seat getting warm after 20 minutes of driving (without the heated seat engaged)?

Bought a S last night. Anyone else have issues with the drivers seat getting warm after 20 minutes of driving (without the heated seat engaged)?
Nothing beyond body heat from my butt. Driving an EX but the heating setup should be pretty much the same.

It's because leatherette doesn't breath as well as real leather.

Bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and had for a week. Went on a 500 mile trip. 50 miles into the trip at 60MPH on the freeway with traffic the entire dash went dead. No tach, speed, digital speed with other functions and all the warning lights came on. Had no indications that we had turn signals or brake lights. This lasted for about 10 min then all worked like nothing happened. Called dealer to make an appointment on 4/25/19 when we got back in town. This happened 8 - 10 more times during the trip. One of these times it happened in a driveway. found the turn signals and brake lights did work but had no sound or visual indication on dash. The scariest problem (on the way back to town) was when the cruse throttle slammed on the brakes. We were doing 50MPH with no cars coming towards us, not coming up on any car but a car parked in a driveway way off the shoulder. The car behind us slammed on his brakes and almost rear ended us. We didn't use the cruse the rest of the way home. Took to dealer and they have had the car since. The factory is suppose to have a rep look at the vehicle on 5/15. Not very happy with the customer relations department at KIA. Don't know if we will be able to trust the vehicle to take on trips which is what we bought it for.

on 5/16/19 we picked up our car at the dealer and they found a damaged dash harness multi pin connector. They temporarily repaired the connector and were not able to order a new harness. Harness not in system yet. took a week before the dealer was able to order harness. no word from dealer as of 5/28/19. Customer Relations is a farce. I call and they say they will call back and they never do. I am getting very frustrated with the factory. I keep running into a brick wall.
It's my understanding Hyundai bought Kia a few years ago. Even though people really like their Hyundai the one thing I keep hearing is the service dept is horrible. Not sure if it has translated over to Kia. Hope it improves.

I have a small issue when I’m coasting to a stop. Let’s say I’m going about 60 kph (sorry kilometers is the official nonsense in Canada) and seeing a red light far up ahead, I take my foot off the gas pedal, it coasts smoothly along slowing down gradually in a natural way, then when I hit 40 kph the vehicle slows down to 35 kph relatively suddenly as if someone was lightly applying some brakes. From 35 kph it slows down nice and naturally again till it hits another quick slow down somewhere are 15 kph (approximately). At first I thought maybe that’s just the way AWD works and somehow as the transmission is gearing down the changes are very noticeable compared to my Ford without AWD which just decelerates at a very steady even rate all the way to a full stop if allowed to. I was wondering if this is something you have noticed yourself when driving the Telluride? If this is natural I could probably learn to live with it but I am concerned that maybe it’s a problem and if I ignore it it might cause a bigger problem.
Look at the post by @jerry cole post #23 or #24, does that sound similar to your issue? I don't any vehicle should just brake or drop the speed when it's not needed. Makes me think of the Toyota issue back in the day when the car accelerated on it's own. 😯

Look at the post by @jerry cole post #23 or #24, does that sound similar to your issue? I don't any vehicle should just brake or drop the speed when it's not needed. Makes me think of the Toyota issue back in the day when the car accelerated on it's own. 😯
Hello Mytest4uis, No my issue doesn't resemble Jerry Cole's problems. I certainly agree with you that vehicles should not drop speed from down gearing and engine braking on an automatic transmission. I've had plenty of cars, actually only cars that did not do this, all of my life. But as I mentioned previously, after taking a test drive of another Telluride at the dealer after I bought mine, and a great deal of internet research, I am satisfied that the Telluride's noticeable down-gearing/engine braking is normal for this SUV and many other car makers. Although I still maintain this is annoying and wasteful of fuel I will learn to live with it and make the best of it. I should point out as well that it is not enough of a quibble to ruin my experience of driving the T-ride which I truly enjoy in most respects. A few posters here claim their vehicle doesn't do this. I respectfully submit they are simply not noticing the effect. It is there and it is absolutely normal for the vehicle. The effect could easily be overlooked, in my opinion, by people who are not aiming for maximum coasting range when events up ahead make immediate release of the accelerator the correct strategy. The effect is not huge and you really have to pay attention to notice it. The effect is only huge when you realize your paid for forward momentum is being squandered by this sloppy automatic transmission implementation. Whether this is sloppy design or not is of course not really known to me. But if there are sound engineering reasons for choosing to built this type of drive-train I have yet to hear them. And the correct observation that some conservation of the brake pads results, is not enough to overcome my displeasure.

Aquadog

Aquadog

6/6 went out to the garage to start the car it was dead as a door nail. Had a seven way plug put in for the trailer lights on 6/3. Took it back to the shop that put the plug-in to have them re-check the wiring and make sure it was not there wiring before I took it to The dealer . They went over it with a fine tooth COM and we’re totally satisfied with their work ,so I went to the dealer. Couldn’t get to it today Thursday made appointment for next Tuesday we’ll see what happens. Haven’t really gotten into this forum yet So if anyone’s had battery problems like that please put a word in thank you .

Hello Jerry, Has the car at least been up and running since they temporarily repaired the connector or have you been without a ride this whole time?

jerry cole

We have been driving the car since 5/16 with a temporary fix. a main harness connection was damaged during factory assembly causing intermittent connections. They just received the harness at the dealer yesterday 6/5/19 and took car in and left to have new harness installed. We will pickup next week. Since the temporary fix the vehicle has been working correctly.

We have been driving the car since 5/16 with a temporary fix. a main harness connection was damaged during factory assembly causing intermittent connections. They just received the harness at the dealer yesterday 6/5/19 and took car in and left to have new harness installed. We will pickup next week. Since the temporary fix the vehicle has been working correctly.
On the bright side it seems pretty clear the problem was correctly identified and hopefully you'll be able to regain some vehicle trust after a while. To be sure though, the fact that relatively simple electrical failures can cause such alarming near disasters certainly confirms my general distrust of any feature that allows the vehicle to slam the breaks. But that goes for any of these relatively newer 'safety' features on any vehicle not just the Telluride. And I don't mean just as a driver but even as a pedestrian. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to dream up a mouse building a nest in someones dash, chewing into a wire, and suddenly someones lane keep assist goes berserk and hunts me down on the sidewalk. At the very least this adventure has probably made you aware of how dangerous it can be to tailgate. I don't think it's unreasonable to have concerns about how often this kind of thing will happen when all these vehicles enter their geriatric years.