Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

All Known 2020 Kia Telluride Issues and Complaints

6/6 went out to the garage to start the car it was dead as a door nail. Had a seven way plug put in for the trailer lights on 6/3. Took it back to the shop that put the plug-in to have them re-check the wiring and make sure it was not there wiring before I took it to The dealer . They went over it with a fine tooth COM and we’re totally satisfied with their work ,so I went to the dealer. Couldn’t get to it today Thursday made appointment for next Tuesday we’ll see what happens. Haven’t really gotten into this forum yet So if anyone’s had battery problems like that please put a word in thank you .
My battery also died after two weeks. Had it towed to the dealer and it was replaced under warranty, no problems since then.

Aquadog

Thanks I’m glad I’m not alone but after reading some of these I truly believe that there’s wiring problems that are starting to pop up from what it sounds like haven’t got to the dealer yet but I did go out started up to you UVO was out no radio , No NAV no screen. Started it up about a half hour later to put it in the garage everything was working again go figure. Well let’s hope we don’t have brake pad problems and rotor problems like the Kia stinger that we traded in for the Telluride. This is why these forums are very valuable .

I'm going to start an archive of problems and issues that owners are complaining about with their 2020 Kia Telluride. These issues were mostly shared in this thread https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/kia-telluride-issues.283/
  • Rear A/C vents randomly turns on.
  • Engine overheating from idle stop/go.
  • Front passenger side door wont open.
  • LED Halo lights become faulty and stop working.
  • Rear wiper cover falls off.
  • Rear captain chair rattles due to loose seat back cover.
  • Rear heat not blowing warm air.
  • Inaccurate GPS / Navigation directions.
  • Water leaking through door sills.
  • Seat seam stitching coming loose.
  • FCA malfunctioning.
  • "Battery discharging due to external devices" error.
  • Seat cushion coming loose.
  • Speaker rattles when listening to XM.
App & Software Related
  • Kia Connect App defaults to Pacific Time with no way of changing time settings.
  • In-car Weather App requires HD signal to work.
Bought my telluride end of March, at 3,500 miles...my speedometer stopped working!

Anyone else having issues with there speakers? Mine seems to make this static squeak noise every now and then. Super annoying.
I think I might be having the same issue. It's only every now and then but I would describe it as a very loud sudden millisecond of harsh static. Happened twice today. Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue on your T-ride?

400 miles SXP with factory towing Pkg.
anyone experience a harmonic type vibration around 65-75 Mph it seems to come and go but you can’t feel it only hear it, drives me crazy Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

400 miles SXP with factory towing Pkg.
anyone experience a harmonic type vibration around 65-75 Mph it seems to come and go but you can’t feel it only hear it, drives me crazy Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have the rear windows open when you experience this?

Hello. I saw someone had posted a link to the bulletins Kia has issued regarding Telluride issues, fixes, etc. Does anyone have that link? I can't remember which discussion I saw the post in. Thanks

Do you have the rear windows open when you experience this?
I agree, that seems to be the nature of SUV's, happens with my GMC and also with my Daughter's Honda Pilot...

I agree, that seems to be the nature of SUV's, happens with my GMC and also with my Daughter's Honda Pilot...
It states in the owners manual page 4-37 US version, 4-38 Canadian version:

"While driving with the rear windows down or with the sunroof (if equipped) in an open (or partially open position), your vehicle may demonstrate a wind buffeting or pulsation noise. This noise is a normal occurrence and can be reduced or eliminated by taking the following actions. If the noise occurs with one or both of the rear windows down, partially lower both front windows approximately 2.5 cm (1 in). If you experience the noise with the sunroof open, slightly reduce the size of the sunroof opening."

And they ain't just whistling Dixie. I thought the vehicle was coming apart the first time I experienced this. I was expecting to see a wheel separate and go wandering off on its own any second. I don't remember how I managed to figure out during that drive that it was related to the rear windows being open but I did.

Aquadog

OK I’m gonna post this here because I can’t find the post that asks what you would name your telluride.
We’re officially naming it Haunted, The brakes and throttle are fine everything electrical is mystery meat . Nothing is wrong with it when you take it into the dealer, so we’re just gonna drive it till we end up on the side of the road. We have an emergency kit with water and and our civil defense food packages in the back we’re ready for a break down . From the way does telluride is acting don’t leave home without your survival kid it’s just common sense .

OK I’m gonna post this here because I can’t find the post that asks what you would name your telluride.
We’re officially naming it Haunted, The brakes and throttle are fine everything electrical is mystery meat . Nothing is wrong with it when you take it into the dealer, so we’re just gonna drive it till we end up on the side of the road. We have an emergency kit with water and and our civil defense food packages in the back we’re ready for a break down . From the way does telluride is acting don’t leave home without your survival kid it’s just common sense .
WOW what kind of electrical issues are you having ?? That's scary.

I'm going to start an archive of problems and issues that owners are complaining about with their 2020 Kia Telluride. These issues were mostly shared in this thread https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/kia-telluride-issues.283/
  • FCA malfunctioning.
  • Speedometer stopped working.
  • Battery died.
  • Collision Warning malfunctioning due to bad wire-harness.
App & Software Related
  • Kia Connect App defaults to Pacific Time with no way of changing time settings.
  • Bluetooth Connection issues.
Question, has anyone notified Kia Corporate regarding these issues? I know individually you can address. However, I think as a group/forum we’d have more influence. My concern is demand exceeding supply and perhaps gaps in the QC process.

Mahble

I just got my Telluride sx prestige on Friday. This morning, (Sunday) after a mild rain storm over night, there was water dripping out of the headliner near the rearview mirror electrinics cluster and also from the passenger side pull-down visor. It seems to either be a sunroof or windshield leak. After picking the car up Friday night, I noticed that the automatic windshield wipers and the automatic headlights lights don't work so I think water may have damaged an optical sensor that controls them.

I just got my Telluride sx prestige on Friday. This morning, (Sunday) after a mild rain storm over night, there was water dripping out of the headliner near the rearview mirror electrinics cluster and also from the passenger side pull-down visor. It seems to either be a sunroof or windshield leak. After picking the car up Friday night, I noticed that the automatic windshield wipers and the automatic headlights lights don't work so I think water may have damaged an optical sensor that controls them.
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how excited you were to pick it up. These issues are steering me more toward the Palisade. I hope Kia steps up and takes care of you.

Mine is only about a week old. The back window leaks cleaner for the wiper constantly! I always have to wipe until I can get it back up there for a fix. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. ALSO the back up camera SUCKS! It’s so dark. And backing up in the dark in the rain is a joke!
Mine was an easy fix. It’s actually a know issue. They replaced the little ball inside and no issues. It used to drive me crazy. Now all good.

Aquadog

• FCA malfunctioning.
  • Speedometer stopped working.
  • Battery died.
  • Collision Warning malfunctioning due to bad wire-harness.
App & Software Related
  • Bluetooth Connection issues.
OK here’s one to look out for , Has anyone noticed on your windowsill where you rest your arm while driving that there is a slight indentation that doesn’t seem to go away. My cousin works for Lexus and said that one of their models do the same thing and it won’t go away it’ll just get deeper and look like a hole after a while. Keep an eye out.

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how excited you were to pick it up. These issues are steering me more toward the Palisade. I hope Kia steps up and takes care of you.
The Palisade may also be prone to year-one issues.