Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

All Known 2020 Kia Telluride Issues and Complaints

Bayfam

Funny is that the dealer replaced the battery the day I picked up the car. They installed ac Delco battery instead of Kia battery.
Bad battery to cause that many issues is unacceptable. Anyways, called consumer affairs at Kia. They are ordering me a new vehicle. They are driving 2.5 hours to bring me a loaner and towing my car back. BTW, the dealership ordered me the wrong car. I selected the SX with prestige package but I got sx without the prestige package
Are you getting a new Telluride because they couldn’t fix the issue? I am having a major malfunction and they wont replace my defective car!

Rysskii3

Are you getting a new Telluride because they couldn’t fix the issue? I am having a major malfunction and they wont replace my defective car!
The car is still in the shop and they have no idea what's going on. I'm getting the car replaced because I ordered the SX with prestige package but got the basic SX. So at the moment I'm paying for the SX prestige while I don't have a car and driving a base model Kia Sorento

Txbkldy

Thanks for the share. Have you brought your Telluride into the dealer?
Just spent 4 hours at the dealership. One technician saw the interior light issue. When they took it to service the lights were working so they weren’t going to do anything to it. My husband finally got it to happen again. Now we have a loaner and they have our Telluride until they can get someone there to look at the problem. 🤦🏻‍♀️
The UVO problem is a different issue altogether.

Txbkldy

Our car was ready the next day. There was a short in the lighting at the passenger side visor. They were able to fix the short.
Our UVO still does not work properly.

txag1999

Our car was ready the next day. There was a short in the lighting at the passenger side visor. They were able to fix the short.
Our UVO still does not work properly.
We had the same short in ours. Opening the passenger vanity mirror shorted out all the interior lights. Replaced visor fixed the issue. Weird...

calee1291

Bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and had for a week. Went on a 500 mile trip. 50 miles into the trip at 60MPH on the freeway with traffic the entire dash went dead. No tach, speed, digital speed with other functions and all the warning lights came on. Had no indications that we had turn signals or brake lights. This lasted for about 10 min then all worked like nothing happened. Called dealer to make an appointment on 4/25/19 when we got back in town. This happened 8 - 10 more times during the trip. One of these times it happened in a driveway. found the turn signals and brake lights did work but had no sound or visual indication on dash. The scariest problem (on the way back to town) was when the cruse throttle slammed on the brakes. We were doing 50MPH with no cars coming towards us, not coming up on any car but a car parked in a driveway way off the shoulder. The car behind us slammed on his brakes and almost rear ended us. We didn't use the cruse the rest of the way home. Took to dealer and they have had the car since. The factory is suppose to have a rep look at the vehicle on 5/15. Not very happy with the customer relations department at KIA. Don't know if we will be able to trust the vehicle to take on trips which is what we bought it for.
Wow that is awful. I’m so sorry this happened to you guys, but now I’m considering not buying one.

kcas031

I spoke with several people, salesman and head of service, but not mechanics or technicians. The head of the service department took my EX for a drive himself and confirmed that he was able to notice what I was talking about. Both suggested that this was normal transmission downshifting. I all can say at this point is I drove another EX and it had the same coasting with sticky points slowing the vehicle down faster than expected at different points. From that test I can say it's normal for the Telluride and I'll learn to live with it, but I don't consider it normal as I never noticed this in any of my other cars throughout my life. And as I stated before it makes it harder for a following vehicle since my SUV slows down faster than normal without brake lights to indicate this since I am coasting.
Did they ever get it figured out, more than what they consider normal? I noticed it and don’t like it because it’s a very noticeable change. Is it a problem now or still “normal” ??

Plastic cladding near door edge (driver side passenger door) is loose

IMG_20190902_111930323.jpg

I can push it in and do see some sort of clip inside gap but when I close the door, the door seal makes cladding pop back out of clip.

Oregonrain

I’m considering a Telluride. (Replacing a ‘99 Yukon that I love love love) Happy to find this forum so I know what to look for when I go look. Thank you for this specific thread and especially for those who are updating that they are getting fixed. All vehicles will have problems, good to know some of the issues before I buy.

Kadensmum

I am sorry to hear this! I am having similar issues! I washed my car and water poured in from the visors on both sides... all around the sunroof... the lights behind the sunroof! It is currently in the shop and they told me they don’t know what is wrong that they will have to tear my car apart! I am so upset that I just bought a brand new car and this is happening! I haven’t even made one payment yet!

Attachments

Eileen

I leased the telluride in June and in the shop from August till now September 21 the car was shaking and lots of noise coming from
The engine. I took it in they said they had to replace the transfer case and something else. My car is at 2500 miles. They called me today and now they have to change the transmission ! Anyone else have this issue ??

denniszhu

I have a small issue when I’m coasting to a stop. Let’s say I’m going about 60 kph (sorry kilometers is the official nonsense in Canada) and seeing a red light far up ahead, I take my foot off the gas pedal, it coasts smoothly along slowing down gradually in a natural way, then when I hit 40 kph the vehicle slows down to 35 kph relatively suddenly as if someone was lightly applying some brakes. From 35 kph it slows down nice and naturally again till it hits another quick slow down somewhere are 15 kph (approximately). At first I thought maybe that’s just the way AWD works and somehow as the transmission is gearing down the changes are very noticeable compared to my Ford without AWD which just decelerates at a very steady even rate all the way to a full stop if allowed to. I was wondering if this is something you have noticed yourself when driving the Telluride? If this is natural I could probably learn to live with it but I am concerned that maybe it’s a problem and if I ignore it it might cause a bigger problem.
My 2018 Hyundai Sonata had same issue which in 15mpg it would downshift it self and I have drag feeling when I was driving. But when I went to dealer for oilchage the manager told me they need to do a software updat about the transmission randomly dowmshift after that I got no problem with that problem

jdny65

I have had my EX for about 6 months. (2800 miles) Last night while driving approx 75 MPH on the highway I tried to close my drivers window and it went up only to come back down about an inch. I tried to put it back up repeatedly but each time it would come back down about an inch. Had to pull off the highway. Turn off the engine and start it back up for the window to go back to being fully closed. Got back on the highway, tried the window again and the had the same issue.
This problem hasn't occurred when driving around town.

Did they ever get it figured out, more than what they consider normal? I noticed it and don’t like it because it’s a very noticeable change. Is it a problem now or still “normal” ??
Sorry, haven't logged in in a while. It's still considered normal. I've answered this question in greater detail--should be somewhere in the posts. There are very few things I dislike about my T-ride but this one is not something I will ever get to like.

I leased the telluride in June and in the shop from August till now September 21 the car was shaking and lots of noise coming from
The engine. I took it in they said they had to replace the transfer case and something else. My car is at 2500 miles. They called me today and now they have to change the transmission ! Anyone else have this issue ??
Sounds like you have a lemon law case … depending on your state, typically 30+days in the shop can qualify. I'd look into and ask for new vehicle or your money back.

I have had my EX for about 6 months. (2800 miles) Last night while driving approx 75 MPH on the highway I tried to close my drivers window and it went up only to come back down about an inch. I tried to put it back up repeatedly but each time it would come back down about an inch. Had to pull off the highway. Turn off the engine and start it back up for the window to go back to being fully closed. Got back on the highway, tried the window again and the had the same issue.
This problem hasn't occurred when driving around town.
There is a window recalibration process in the user's manual. You should try that.