Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

All Known 2020 Kia Telluride Issues and Complaints

Brand new member, first post. Having some issues with our 2020 Telluride SW with prestige package. Listing the issues below. Have a call into the dealer today to see when I can get it in. Vehicle has just under 15k miles, driven in smart mode, garage kept. My wife is the primary driver.
1. Rear wiper fluid seems like leak after use even after the car is turned off. Always has fluid streaks on the rear window. Small problem but I don't expect this after spending $50,000 on a vehicle.
2. I've noticed water behind the sills in the rear doors, I haven't noticed water leaking into the car though.
3. I noticed a black lock nut lying on the garage floor under the vehicle, I have no idea what part it has come from.
4. Have had headlight issues, auto lights are on and the lights don't come on when its dark, has happened probably 3 different time.
5. Just this morning, the console display stopped working entirely. No radio, gps, nothing. Car has been turned off and restarted a number of times and it still doesn't work.
that's all for now. I'm getting a little worried.

I have a service scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I mentioned the console display, rear washer fluid and the nut i found on the garage floor. They are going to take a look at all three issues tomorrow. Apparently there is an "update" for the console and if that doesn't work they will replace the display. We shall see, stay tuned.

I have a feeling it will... the display was working fine when my wife drove home from work yesterday. I have the Kia today and it worked fine this morning. I have a feeling this is just the result of having computers in cars.

Scarlett

I have a service scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I mentioned the console display, rear washer fluid and the nut i found on the garage floor. They are going to take a look at all three issues tomorrow. Apparently there is an "update" for the console and if that doesn't work they will replace the display. We shall see, stay tuned.
How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sttimekia

They did a software or firmware update on the display unit. If it happens again they replace it. The rear wiper fluid, I don’t notice an actual leak. It looks to me more like a poor design. It basically runs from the top so any residual fluid drips down on the rear window after the wipers have run.

Not sure if anyone has had this happen, as we live in a “cold state”. But when we come to a stop (even with auto start/stop turned off), the heater begins to blow cold air. We brought it in last week and were told it was a thermostat issue and that it was fixed. 2 days later it is again blowing cold air when stopped. The heat also does not really get that hot. We plan on bringing it back in again. Anyone else in a cold climate experience anything like this?

We have a new telluride. We’ve driven it for a few months very gently, done all the right things. All of a sudden the engine light started coming on. They told us it was an old misfire and they fixed it and gave it back to us. Next day, engine light came on again. They had it at the dealership taking parts in and out and swapping them with another telluride and couldn’t solve the problem.the dealership had it a month. No answers. They have now sent it to kia for engineers to sort out as they think it’s a software issue We’re going on a month and a half with a 7 seater Dodge Durango rental when we have a 7 person family and bought an 8 seater vehicle so we could transport our kids friends and babysit. We’ve had to put our old suburban back on the road to transport our kids and are still paying monthly for a telluride we don’t even have. It’s so crazy. We live in Canada and there’s no lemon law so we’re at their mercy. Does anyone have any suggestions ? We bought a brand new vehicle so that we could relax and stop repairing our old truck and now we’ve had to do that anyhow and it’s been nothing but stress. I am so sad and disappointed. Husband filed with CAMVAP but it doesn’t seem like they can do much other than wait for kia to fix it. Like how long are we supposed to pay for a car we don’t even have ? Help.

witty

Not sure if anyone has had this happen, as we live in a “cold state”. But when we come to a stop (even with auto start/stop turned off), the heater begins to blow cold air. We brought it in last week and were told it was a thermostat issue and that it was fixed. 2 days later it is again blowing cold air when stopped. The heat also does not really get that hot. We plan on bringing it back in again. Anyone else in a cold climate experience anything like this?
Yeah I do. It also happens in the summer with the a/c just in reverse. Never gets cold and at low rpms gets warm. I have had it in twice. I get the can't duplicate answer. I am beyond frustrated. There are a bunch of people on here with the same issue. If you get yours resolved please let us know what it took to fix the problem.

witty

We have a new telluride. We’ve driven it for a few months very gently, done all the right things. All of a sudden the engine light started coming on. They told us it was an old misfire and they fixed it and gave it back to us. Next day, engine light came on again. They had it at the dealership taking parts in and out and swapping them with another telluride and couldn’t solve the problem.the dealership had it a month. No answers. They have now sent it to kia for engineers to sort out as they think it’s a software issue We’re going on a month and a half with a 7 seater Dodge Durango rental when we have a 7 person family and bought an 8 seater vehicle so we could transport our kids friends and babysit. We’ve had to put our old suburban back on the road to transport our kids and are still paying monthly for a telluride we don’t even have. It’s so crazy. We live in Canada and there’s no lemon law so we’re at their mercy. Does anyone have any suggestions ? We bought a brand new vehicle so that we could relax and stop repairing our old truck and now we’ve had to do that anyhow and it’s been nothing but stress. I am so sad and disappointed. Husband filed with CAMVAP but it doesn’t seem like they can do much other than wait for kia to fix it. Like how long are we supposed to pay for a car we don’t even have ? Help.
Check your states "Lemon Law"

witty

6/6 went out to the garage to start the car it was dead as a door nail. Had a seven way plug put in for the trailer lights on 6/3. Took it back to the shop that put the plug-in to have them re-check the wiring and make sure it was not there wiring before I took it to The dealer . They went over it with a fine tooth COM and we’re totally satisfied with their work ,so I went to the dealer. Couldn’t get to it today Thursday made appointment for next Tuesday we’ll see what happens. Haven’t really gotten into this forum yet So if anyone’s had battery problems like that please put a word in thank you .
Went out this morning to a dead battery. Nothing was left on overnight. What did the dealership do for you.

Mine is only about a week old. The back window leaks cleaner for the wiper constantly! I always have to wipe until I can get it back up there for a fix. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. ALSO the back up camera SUCKS! It’s so dark. And backing up in the dark in the rain is a joke!
I have a similar issue with my MDX's backup camera at night, it is HORRIBLE from the factory. I had an off-road LED light kit installed at a 4WD specialty shop and the light is controlled by a rocker switch to allow much better light when backing up at night.

Quad42

I just got a sensor replaced in the front bumper. The center right sensor. It does code when they check codes from computer

So I just found out that our screen display has a mind of its own. Saw on another forum that it is an issue and people have had to have their whole head display replaced. It didn’t turn on at all no radio, no cameras, no control. Shut it off, opened door, still nothing. Got home. Grabbed the other fob and went to try it again. It followed all of the symptoms described on the forum I read. Came on showing UVO, then went black, then came on. Turned it back off and opened the door. Started it again and it was back to normal. Took a video of it showing the malfunction and am now goi g to deal with the service department until it gets replaced or the issue is found. Just rolled 1,000 miles today so this shouldn’t be happening after it’s been built for the last 13 months. Had ours for a month so far.

Pinkharts

We live in Nebraska and this winter ours started doing that. I come to a red light or am at a drive thru and the heater goes cold. Your post was a year ago, did you ever have any repairs done for this?

We live in Nebraska and this winter ours started doing that. I come to a red light or am at a drive thru and the heater goes cold. Your post was a year ago, did you ever have any repairs done for this?
My 2020 does the same thing and has done it ever since I got it! It does start working correctly usually once it’s been driven for close to an hour. It takes me that long to get to any dealership so they always told me they couldn’t replicate my issue. I paid for a rental to leave it there overnight so they finally admit it’s a problem but they don’t know what to do to fix it. So many people on here have the issue but Kia says it’s not an issue they’re aware of even though so many people are saying they are reporting it to them. Everyone keeps saying they had heater cores, water pump, thermostats, etc. replaced and the coolant system burped but none of those fixed it. One person a year ago said that their dealer finally fixed there’s because Kia came ouEveryone keeps saying they had heater cores, water pump, thermostats, etc. replaced and the coolant system burped but none of those fixed it. One person a year ago said that their dealer finally fixed there’s because Kia engineers developed a special bleed procedure to get all the air out but I can’t find anything else about that and Kia just says I’m crazy and it doesn’t exist.

Pinkharts

My 2020 does the same thing and has done it ever since I got it! It does start working correctly usually once it’s been driven for close to an hour. It takes me that long to get to any dealership so they always told me they couldn’t replicate my issue. I paid for a rental to leave it there overnight so they finally admit it’s a problem but they don’t know what to do to fix it. So many people on here have the issue but Kia says it’s not an issue they’re aware of even though so many people are saying they are reporting it to them. Everyone keeps saying they had heater cores, water pump, thermostats, etc. replaced and the coolant system burped but none of those fixed it. One person a year ago said that their dealer finally fixed there’s because Kia came ouEveryone keeps saying they had heater cores, water pump, thermostats, etc. replaced and the coolant system burped but none of those fixed it. One person a year ago said that their dealer finally fixed there’s because Kia engineers developed a special bleed procedure to get all the air out but I can’t find anything else about that and Kia just says I’m crazy and it doesn’t exist.
Wow, I guess I'll complain to Kia then go to the dealership to complain. We shouldn't have to turn our heaters off at evey single red light. That's a bit ridiculous. I do get that this is a very cold winter in a lot of states, but mine started when the temp was at 43 now it's -21 and I won't even drive it.
Thanks for the response Pink22danielle.

Yep we’re having it right now. Took 3 weeks at the dealer, got it back worked for a couple days. Going back to the shop on Friday. They did not fix the problem